FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ground effects kits

My VIN:    16419

ground effects kits

I am trying to find where to get the ground effect kit for the D. I love the look of the lowered car. Already have the eibach lowering springs and shocks on and will be getting new low pro rims and tires, but I think the ground effects kit will be the icing on the cake.
    I can seem to find who is selling them now.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

DMCH did sell them, I'd give them a call. IIRC they ran about $800-900.
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

great thanks.. Does anyone have it installed on their car. How good is the fitment of the fiberglass?

My VIN:    2964

I'm planning on buying a kit as well!!!
    Billy C. VIN: 2964

"Trying to Live the Dream!"

"If you're gonna own a DeLorean, why not build it with some style?"

http://www.facebook.com/billy.chingas.7

the thing that worries me about the kit is living in LA where every driveway or pulling into a parking lot everything is on a steep 45 degree angle or greater. My last car had a ground effects kit on it and kept scraping on everything was a real pain in the arse.
    The delorean sits low and now with the eibach lowering springs it will be lower, I am afraid of scraping on everything out here.

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by jfirios View Post
    great thanks.. Does anyone have it installed on their car. How good is the fitment of the fiberglass?
    I have the kit installed on my car - I purchased it and installed it when they were first made, I don't even remember the year, maybe '04? '05?. Anyway, they need modification to attach to the car, and of course they need to be painted. I had to repaint them once from all the dirt that kicks up and hits them - I need to repaint them again now. My car is lowered and I damaged the portion that goes under the front air dam after a while (hitting curbs, bottoming out on steep inclines/off steel inclines) so I ended up taking this particular piece off even after repair - just got tired of all the scraping. The fiberglass fits well, but is a little off here and there (some curves of the fiberglass don't exactly match the curve of the body but very close). Again, I got these years ago, I'm not sure if they changed anything after this long, but I do recommend them if you like the look....

the thing that worries me about the kit is living in LA where every driveway or pulling into a parking lot everything is on a steep 45 degree angle or greater. My last car had a ground effects kit on it and kept scraping on everything was a real pain in the arse.
    The delorean sits low and now with the eibach lowering springs it will be lower, I am afraid of scraping on everything out here.

It definitely does scrape, and gets annoying hearing it after a while...but you can always take the front portion off. Read above...

would love to see some photos of it if you had any.

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

would love to see some photos of it if you had any.

Sure, I'll post them this evening after work.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Not only do they scrape, especially on lowered cars, but also if you have to put the car on a lift or get towed. Expect them to be damaged once you start driving with them on. They look especially nice with the ground effects colored LED lighting. Most of the ones I saw did not fit well and take some "adjusting" to get them to fit well.
    David Teitelbaum

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast