FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Oil Pressure Sender Thread ?

My VIN:    02075

Club(s):   (DMA)

Oil Pressure Sender Thread ?

Does anyone know the thread size/type for the oil pressure sender (gauge, near the oil filter)?

I have a gauge, but need to make up an adapter from the gauge to the engine.

Thanks

DMC-CA cams & custom Flowmaster muffler
    1/4 mile time - 16.792s @ 81.45MPH

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Why not just buy the appropriate sender? The sell them here at Auto Zone. Under $20 if I recall and lifetime warranty.

Cheers
    Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

My VIN:    02075

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by mluder View Post
    Why not just buy the appropriate sender? The sell them here at Auto Zone. Under $20 if I recall and lifetime warranty.

Cheers
    Steve
    I want to test the oil pump with a pressure gauge (not the dash gauge). I need to adapt to the port on the stand-alone gauge tool.

DMC-CA cams & custom Flowmaster muffler
    1/4 mile time - 16.792s @ 81.45MPH

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by jmettee View Post
    I want to test the oil pump with a pressure gauge (not the dash gauge). I need to adapt to the port on the stand-alone gauge tool.
    I thought about do that also. Another way to do it is to get resistance readings of the sender with your air compressor. Then you can read the resistance when the engine is running it.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    #1283

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by jmettee View Post
    Does anyone know the thread size/type for the oil pressure sender (gauge, near the oil filter)?

I have a gauge, but need to make up an adapter from the gauge to the engine.

Thanks
    I am asking the same thing.

I want to, temporarily, tee in a mechanical gauge where the sender goes to read the true oil pressure and then calibrate the sender such that the dash shows the correct oil pressure. The sender thread looks like a pipe thread but I am not sure about dim or if it is metric or standard.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik View Post

I want to, temporarily, tee in a mechanical gauge where the sender goes to read the true oil pressure and then calibrate the sender such that the dash shows the correct oil pressure. The sender thread looks like a pipe thread but I am not sure about dim or if it is metric or standard.
    I believe it's a M1 pipe thread. If you buy a commercial oil pressure test gauge the adapter will come in the kit. Although it won't be a tee.

BTW M1 pipe thread is very close to 1/4 NPT.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik View Post

Not sure we can guarantee that the female threads on your engine are going to match the DeLorean pressure sender, haha Are you using an original sender on your engine? I know my reading comes from the engine computer.

Take the gauge sender to the local hardware store and find the match. It is a standard size. I have several brass fittings but do not remember the size. I use a 45 degree angle fitting for the sender so I can use the larger diameter oil filters.

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    I believe it's a M1 pipe thread. If you buy a commercial oil pressure test gauge the adapter will come in the kit. Although it won't be a tee.

BTW M1 pipe thread is very close to 1/4 NPT.
    That sounds right on both counts.
    Rob

My VIN:    #1283

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    Not sure we can guarantee that the female threads on your engine are going to match the DeLorean pressure sender, haha Are you using an original sender on your engine? I know my reading comes from the engine computer.
    Yes, Nicholas, I am using a stock Delorean sender on my VR6 but I have the remote oil filter which is where the sender goes.

The plan is to migrate to an all digital dash where my ECU's CAN bus displays everything in video on the dash. I am following Kevin's thread about that http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?12...l=1#post184636 and plan to make a move once it's available.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast