FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: DeLorean Convention and Show (DCS 2016)

My VIN:    897 5 spd,

I concur that DCS 2016 was GREAT. It is hard to compare it to 2014 given the celebrities that were there but I think 2016 was every bit as worthwhile if not a bit more. I liked the breakout sessions...that is why I (and I presume others) go. I didn't miss the off site events. I'll plan on being at 2018.
    Nick
    - No matter how many people believe in a dumb idea ... it is still a dumb idea!
    - Some cars look fast. Some cars look faster than time!
    - The question is not "where did the time go" but rather "where to go in time".

My VIN:    Between VINs

It was also really great meeting Lenny. Had dinner with him, Josh, and the Fall 2015 raffle winners on Friday. Really pleasant crew to spend an evening with. Sat in on some of the lectures with Lenny, a full day of entertainment.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    No, we were told they had a couple places in mind and were working out contract details with them, but had not finalized anything. Understandably I'm guessing they didn't want to announce like in 2014 only to have it change later on.
    Bummer, I was hoping to be able to make plans now!

This was my first DCS. It was awesome. Everything was VERY well done including the convention center location, the speakers, the food, the show, the vendors, the museum, I could go on and on..... I mean everything was very well organized, well thought out, and meeting all the people was great. I will definitely plan to be at the next one! Great job and thank you to all that pulled this together!

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Anyone else think there were more automatic transmission cars than perhaps ever before at any previous DCS shows? For some reason, it seemed that way to me. Also seemed to have a good amount of very early cars with dark wheels. Am I alone in this observation?

I also had a great time at the show. The hotel, hotel staff, pccc, facilities, etc was all top notch. Excellent customer service skills. Food was the best it had ever been. Fun little downtown area with lots of shops and restaurants available within walking distance. This show had a much different feel from traditional DCS shows, but I liked it and embraced the changes. I can't wait to see what Tony and Rich come up with for the next show. This new theme must continue. It truly was a hit!

My VIN:    1710

So where are all the pictures? This has to be the first DCS where people haven't upload pictures online as the show progressed or even after it concluded. I haven't heard anything about how many cars made it, either- which is also unusual. Why all the radio silence?
    Louie Golden

The rise of Twitter, maybe? That's where I found most of the show stuff. I thought it would be Facebook but it was pretty quiet, Twitter had the most recent things.

The #DCS2016 hashtag was helpful https://twitter.com/hashtag/DCS2016?src=hash

The DeLorean Convention profile was also useful https://twitter.com/DeLoreanShow

My VIN:    897 5 spd,

Quote Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
    So where are all the pictures?
    We were all too busy enjoying the show to get pictures out.
    Nick
    - No matter how many people believe in a dumb idea ... it is still a dumb idea!
    - Some cars look fast. Some cars look faster than time!
    - The question is not "where did the time go" but rather "where to go in time".

I was having dinner at Saputos and overhead the bartender talking with a patron about the show. She told the patron that "They must have most of the remaining DeLoreans in there. There can't be that many left."

So from that standpoint I can conclude the turnout was exceptional.

My VIN:    01495

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
    So where are all the pictures? This has to be the first DCS where people haven't upload pictures online as the show progressed or even after it concluded. I haven't heard anything about how many cars made it, either- which is also unusual. Why all the radio silence?
    As for pictures, I know the semi-official photographer from previous events was not doing photos this time. Most of our pictures are on Facebook of course, and as for car count, I counted personally around 60 cars. I'm sure I missed some that may have been in the regular parking garage or running errands. Hard to say if the car count is lower than the last few events due to location, or people unsure how good it would be. I know a lot of Ohio club people didn't come for one reason or another, non-working car or other plans. I do like June better than July though, the heat was astonishing outside and my R12 needs topped off!

I also wanted to thank everyone for putting on an awesome show, it's hard to believe this was their first attempt. The breakout sessions were awesome, and supplied a more intimate setting for stories. The venue was great, and I felt very secure leaving my car in the convention center. Only downside is I think there were far less spectators than previous shows. As for trophy feedback, I like the idea of having only 1st place (no 2nd, 3rd etc.) but I have a feeling more mileage breakouts would make for better competition. My guess is 1/2 of cars were in the 25k-50k category.

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast