FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: DeLorean Convention and Show (DCS 2016)

My VIN:    05457

A convoy sounds like a great idea. We'll have to organize specifics closer to the date. Probably for a different thread.
    David Proehl

My VIN:    2347

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    A convoy sounds like a great idea. We'll have to organize specifics closer to the date. Probably for a different thread.
    +1
    Everyone is tough through a keyboard

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    Yes, there will be Official (Sticky) Threads that will be created later, for both DCS 2016 Details and DCS 2016 Caravans.

My VIN:    1121

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Colleen and I will be heading down from Mpls ad well. We might be heading out early and stopping along the way, though. A possible caravan back could work, too.

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

One Year from DCS 2016

Reminder: Today is exactly one year from the first day of DCS 2016 at the Prairie Capital Convention Center in Springfield, IL.

Remember to buy your 2015 DeLorean Raffle Car Tickets to support DCS 2016. Drawing for this car will be in October 2015.

www.deloreanraffle.com

Watch for upcoming posts about Event Registration and Hotel Registration for DCS 2016, beginning next month (August 2015).

www.deloreanconvention.com

My VIN:    5180

Thus far we have only heard about the convention center itself. Is the hotel part of convention center or a separate entity adjacent to the complex?
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Thus far we have only heard about the convention center itself. Is the hotel part of convention center or a separate entity adjacent to the complex?
    Hi Dennis,

Valid question ... unfortunately, we are still negotiating the details of the contracts, and the contracts are not finalized yet.
    The good news is that we think we are very close and we may have a signed deal for the hotel contract by next Monday.

The DCS 2016 Planning Team continues to work on a significantly shortened planning schedule (less than a year away now),
    to get the best venues, for the best prices, and if all goes as planned, I think most everyone will be happy with our choices.

As with most businesses, the folks putting together contracts in Springfield, IL will monitor Social Media and other Forums,
    regarding upcoming events, so we do not want to "put the cart before the DeLorean" until our contracts are signed.

Here's hoping we will find out soon.

Thanks,

DCS 2016 Planning Team

We are still waiting on a few details to get sorted out, but a copy of the signed contract has been returned to us, so we should be good to go.
    A customized DCS Registration webpage (on the hotel website) is still in the works, and we should be able to post the link to that webpage
    (and Group Code for call-in registrations) later this week, so stay tuned ... we should have more details for hotel registration very soon.

DeLorean Convention and Show (DCS 2016) has finalized negotiations with a host hotel and the planning team is very happy to announce that
    the President Abraham Lincoln (PAL) Hotel will be the Host Hotel. The PAL is a Double Tree Hotel and it is Hilton managed. The PAL has been
    very recently re-furbished (this past Spring), so the refurbishing will still be very fresh for our event next July.

The PAL is right across from the PCCC (Prairie Capital Convention Center) and there is an air conditioned tunnel between the PAL and the PCCC,
    which makes things even easier and more convenient. For reference, mid to late July temps this year were in the upper 80's and low 90's, so
    having much of the convention indoors and air conditioned should be much more enjoyable, for staff and attendees.

The DCS 2016 Planning Team was able to negotiate an outstanding room rate of $99/night, which is significantly lower than the standard rate
    and the standard rates on many of the nearby hotels. We encourage all attendees to get rooms at the PAL, since it is so close to the PCCC and
    it is also so close (only a very short walking distance) to the Abraham Lincoln Library and Museum, less than two blocks away.

The $99/night rate is for the convention days (July 21-24, 2016) and the days on either side of the convention, if you decide to extend your stay.

More details to follow.

My VIN:    01955

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    DCS 2016 - Springfield, IL

Major US Cities - Driving Distance Map:

Attachment 35354

Attachment 35353
    Don't forget Melbourne, Australia!

Will try and make this one as I missed out on the last one (pending exchange rate doesn't kill me before then).

DCS 2016 Host Hotel Registration is now OPEN. See the following link for details:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?12...ration-is-OPEN

DCS 2016 Event Registration will open this Fall/Winter (TBA), so watch for more details.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast