FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: DeLorean Control iOS App - App and Bluetooth relay system

My VIN:    11633 (and formerly 3133)

Quote Originally Posted by Timebender View Post
    So then let everyone design their own UI and program it, or find an iOS programmer?
    The iOS app would work for anyone, whether they built their own harness or bought a kit.

My VIN:    07000

That's what I was thinking but didn't get what you meant by people doing it all on their own. That's why I had offered to help with the UX/UI as that's what I do for a living- so I'd be willing to help out if you're going to put the app on the App Store for free. We have a similar thing over on the Astromech.net forums- one for the guys made an iOS control app that ties into his interface board- what people do with the board as far as hooking up components, servos, etc is up to them. So when I said if you're going to offer your hardware interface and the app, I'd like to help with the app. You can see some of my work at http://gregschumsky.com

Starting a similar project for Android

Quote Originally Posted by klaatu42 View Post
    Howdy. I am developing an iOS app which works in conjunction with a strip of Bluetooth activated relays to unlock/lock/open the doors, start the vehicle, and provide auto up/down for the windows. At the moment it is being developed for iPhone, but it will also be available for iPad (especially useful for in-dash iPad Mini installations). The hardware will be compatible with Android devices, but I don't have the expertise to write that app (maybe someone in this forum does).

Currently, I am able to unlock/lock #11633 and power up the accessory and main relays by remote. Starter will be next.

My question of the day, since I just got the 12V->5V converter I was waiting for, is: Where should I safely grab 12V (always on) and ground from within the relay/fuse compartment? This little unit uses very very little power, so I am planning to make it always on, with a switch to disable it for longterm storage.

Just starting a similar project for Android, Android as you can purchase a stereo with a pop out screen which is an Android device,
    My question relates to the Fan speed switch and the brightness adjustment switch , Using the relays is it just increased power that makes dash brighter and increases the fan speed ?

Regards

My VIN:    11633 (and formerly 3133)

Here is the nearly complete install. I say nearly because I'm sure I will be updating this on an ongoing basis.

http://imgur.com/gallery/KoBFY

On mobile, this is best viewed in the Imgur app, otherwise the videos may keep taking over your screen.

Follow up

Very Nice,
    Did you happen to keep any detail of the wires you connected to at the fuse box ? Also is it difficult to convert ios app to Android ?
    Very impressive work ,

My VIN:    2567 (Sold)

I just found this thread. Very interesting. Well done.
    Based on your info, I am planning on ordering a same bluetooth relay and connect that to my Wing A loft so that I can control it from my iphone. I also have a Homelink controller in my car so I can also connect that to bluetooth relay.
    What I don’t have is your fancy iPhone/iPad app. Would you be releasing that app for public use? I really don’t like the generic Tinysine app. Apple Watch app would be even super. Opening doors from Applewatch.
    Thanks

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan S. View Post
    I just found this thread. Very interesting. Well done.
    Based on your info, I am planning on ordering a same bluetooth relay and connect that to my Wing A loft so that I can control it from my iphone. I also have a Homelink controller in my car so I can also connect that to bluetooth relay.
    What I don’t have is your fancy iPhone/iPad app. Would you be releasing that app for public use? I really don’t like the generic Tinysine app. Apple Watch app would be even super. Opening doors from Applewatch.
    Thanks
    Just get the Viper SmartStart module and use their iOS and Apple Watch apps. I’ve had this for years.

https://youtu.be/TGeGkDqm44A
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3