FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DeLorean Control iOS App - App and Bluetooth relay system

My VIN:    07000

Your video is set to Private - and you call yourself an IA/UI guy...

My VIN:    11633 (and formerly 3133)

I should have mentioned... Using iOS for this also means you can start the car with your fingerprint.

Actually, the video is set to Unlisted, and I verified it twice after YouTube told me it was set to Private. YT seems to be having some technical issues at the moment. I'll set it to public temporarily until they fix this.

EDIT: It looks like Unlisted videos are working again, so the video should now be working. Not a super exciting video anyway, though. lol
    Last edited by klaatu42; 06-23-2015 at 04:03 PM.

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

I knew there had to be a good reason to keep my old itouch! I'm not an apple guy, so dedicating it to such a project would be simple. Aren't those relays expensive little suckers though? When I was looking at the options out there I recall they were steep and that's why I quit......

**** edit.... I just saw your link and followed it. WOW, they've dropped A LOT!!!!!!!!!
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

Pretty awesome little demo so far - this would be a great idea for us R2 Builders as well.

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by klaatu42 View Post
    I didn't want to let the cat out of the bag until I'd made more progress, but what the hell... the relay strips are from Tinysine:
    Are you going into production on this? If so I might be in for one depending on the cost.
    I checked out the website for the relay and it's not too expensive but I don't have the technical skills to program it myself.

Cheers
    Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

If you do decide to offer this, I'd love to help out with the UI and visual design.

I think what I would like to do is provide free plans on how to do it yourself, but also offer for sale pre-made kits for those who don't want to do the work.

What I'm currently trying to source is some kind of relay extension cord, or failing that, male relay plugs (empty relay cases?) so I can create my own. The whole idea will be that the install is done by removing existing relays, plugging in this harness, and attaching the relays back onto this harness. This means no cut wires or crimps required.

Adding in one of these guys (when it arrives), to ensure that the system powers off if the car sits for too long and the battery's voltage drops too much.

$(KGrHqV,!qME+oIsHfEvBQB8uuSl)Q~~60_12.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by klaatu42 View Post
    I think what I would like to do is provide free plans on how to do it yourself, but also offer for sale pre-made kits for those who don't want to do the work.

What I'm currently trying to source is some kind of relay extension cord, or failing that, male relay plugs (empty relay cases?) so I can create my own. The whole idea will be that the install is done by removing existing relays, plugging in this harness, and attaching the relays back onto this harness. This means no cut wires or crimps required.
    So then let everyone design their own UI and program it, or find an iOS programmer?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast