FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Air conditioning hose replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Adrian, just out of curiosity, where is the leak in the hose?
    My leak (that I know of) is on the driver's side hose just when it starts to go under the car from the engine bay. I'm not sure if a splice is the right way to go for me. I have original hoses too so I think replacing them will be the best.

Thank you to everyone for your knowledge and advice. Are there any tutorials or step-by-step instructions on an ac system hose replacement or update? I already run R134a.

Thanks again,
    Adrian Dunker

My VIN:    11596

I just replaced all my hoses, compressor, dryer, variable orifice, and switches with Hervey's set. Yes the suction hose very hard to push through the frame... done it on two different cars now. It will work but I had to use a punch and a mallet to tap it through the frame where it bends behind the battery area. It was so frustrating that I almost gave up and bought DPI's set, which are smaller diameter but as mentioned, more expensive.

In the end it worked out... I had the system vacuumed yesterday for over three hours before charging... nice and tight now!
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

My VIN:    3294

I just received my new hose set from DPI. Looks like a puzzle with no instructions. Anybody got any helpful hints?
    Barry Floyd
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    VIN 3294 - Aug. 81

My VIN:    10309

Everyone mentions how tight it is to squeeze the new hoses in but there is an easy way. Just lift the fiberglass tub up above the frame. All you have to do is take out the front bolt above the shock bolt in the trunk, take out the bolts on the console tunnel (have to take out the seat and flip the carpet up), put a 2x4 on the fiberglass and pick it up off the frame. I bought Hervey's hoses and spent 3 hours without moving an inch. Picked up the tub in 30 minutes and the hose almost went through on it's own like a snake. Make sure to have a heat resistant material above the exhaust (I used wonderboard).

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by bfloyd View Post
    I just received my new hose set from DPI. Looks like a puzzle with no instructions. Anybody got any helpful hints?
    It's easier to answer a specific question. More importantly, which kit did you purchase? Hoses only or with compressor?

Dennis
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Call the seller?
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    03572

Here are the instructions off the manufacture web site.
    Attached Files
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

t's easier to answer a specific question. More importantly, which kit did you purchase? Hoses only or with compressor?
    I bought the full kit with hoses and compressor. My kit included all of the fittings, hoses, accumulator, orifice tube, hose clamps, etc., and a new back plate for the compressor. I contacted Josh and he said the compressor will ship separately. It should be here any day. New condenser is on the way from John Hervey, and should arrive later this week.

I'm not an automotive air conditioning repair guy.... I own a drive-in movie theatre, so I really don't have a clue how all of these fittings are supposed to connect to what.
    I know I can call Josh if necessary, as he has been more than helpful in the past.

Trying to decide if I tackle this on my own or take it all to my local mechanic and say "You figure it out".

Does anyone have a completed set of photos they've taken of this installation?
    Barry Floyd
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    VIN 3294 - Aug. 81

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

I ended up making a massive instruction pack with this product. I'll make sure to get you a copy over to you asap.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

I ended up making a massive instruction pack with this product. I'll make sure to get you a copy over to you asap.
    And THAT'S why I don't mind spending a little extra money on premium parts.

Thank you Josh... I look forward to receiving them soon.
    Barry Floyd
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    VIN 3294 - Aug. 81

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast