FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: One Time Opportunity: Upgraded (“bulletproof”) transmission coupler order

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Update; between the extra material, and the parts that were already made correctly, 7 couplers have been completed and shipped to Ed.

An additional order of couplers has been started. The next set should be ready in another month or so. For now these will be available.

Couplers Complete 1.JPGCouplers Complete 2.JPG

Thanks,
    Nick
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Nicholas R; 08-07-2015 at 12:51 AM.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Mark me down for one in the next set!

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    6313

Nick, did you resolve the position of the pin hole in this first set?
    Jeff
    #6313 (lic: DMC-EV Texas), 25k miles, 100% leather, touchpad, 100% LED, dimmable LED dash, remote door lock & Elvis mod, all A/C vents in kneepads, wedgectomy, escutcheon velcro fix, GM door chimer, custom arm rest/storage/controls...

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DrJeff View Post
    Nick, did you resolve the position of the pin hole in this first set?
    It is only correct in these 7. The rest of the first batch are misaligned (the order was for 20). As such there will only be 7 available right now.

The next batch will not have this issue.

EDIT: As a reminder, if you are interested in purchasing a coupler, please contact Ed ("SEO Motorsports"). He is managing the receiving and shipping of these couplers as I'm out of the country.
    Last edited by Nicholas R; 08-08-2015 at 08:01 AM.

My VIN:    6313

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    It is only correct in these 7. The rest of the first batch are misaligned (the order was for 20). As such there will only be 7 available right now.

The next batch will not have this issue.

EDIT: As a reminder, if you are interested in purchasing a coupler, please contact Ed ("SEO Motorsports"). He is managing the receiving and shipping of these couplers as I'm out of the country.
    Ed, can you send us the details on payment, etc. Thanks
    Jeff
    #6313 (lic: DMC-EV Texas), 25k miles, 100% leather, touchpad, 100% LED, dimmable LED dash, remote door lock & Elvis mod, all A/C vents in kneepads, wedgectomy, escutcheon velcro fix, GM door chimer, custom arm rest/storage/controls...

Club(s):   (DCF)

All,

I received the couplers today and I'm using one for the project i'm working on now. That leaves six that I can ship out. Below is the list of people in order for this first batch. Please PM/contact Nick for payment, he will then give me the shipping address for the people he's received payment for and I'll send it out. I will compile a new list in the order i have recieved requests.

1. bdmiko
    2. dustybarn
    3. Drjeff
    4. Mario
    5. unhair x QTY 2

CORRECTED LIST!!

Regards,

Ed
    Last edited by SEO Motorsports; 08-12-2015 at 03:12 PM. Reason: updated list unfair QTY 2

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

What about us?
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Sorry Josh we had 14 people on the list before you requested your 10. I have to go by the list. If anyone backs out we'll move to the next person.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

I'm going to approach this objectively. I will take fault in not asking a number of these questions up front to those I knew were involved with this at the time:

I was under the impression when this went down that our commitment for 10 got this rolling with only a few others committed at that time. I would think at the very least you and I should have at least one a piece. Not only to install and test the product prior to handing out to everyone else but because out of anyone on this list we are the only two that will have the component installed immediately. IMO this "process" has not gone smoothly and I am thankfully that I am a committed end user in this situation and not directly related to production.

My supplier came through a few days after this started rolling with our tooling returned for use with another manufacture. I have stayed committed after I said I would. I would also appreciate better communication from all involved. (I'm not even sure the extent of that) We worked to help sell the product in quantity and have a number of people waiting and of course watching this thread. All aware that not a single coupler will be shipped unit installed on our end and tested. Our version is more expensive in comparison and I would rather not need to re quote (not an option regardless) and or give at cost to appease those waiting or if the product does not test out. (what will end up happening worst case)

This is absolutely not how this should have gone down. I'm definitely concerned at this point about liability. Are owners actually being supplied couplers without testing prior? Who is responsible for the design work if their is a failure or issues? Does the manufacturing company hold liability, the designer of the print used?

I"m not questioning the manufacturer, design or engineer work without seeing it first. But these concerns are kinda common sense and clearly crosses the line between "hobbyist" activities and a business developing and marketing a product. The question stands: who is actually responsible and standing behind this?
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

We are sold out at this time. I have added the last people to the list that made a request on the thread and that have PMed me.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast