FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: One Time Opportunity: Upgraded (“bulletproof”) transmission coupler order

Club(s):   (DCF)

All,

Great news, the new batch is here. Some of you may know but i'm in the middle of moving my family to the beach and have been crazy busy at work so sorry if i have been late to respond to any PM's or emails. I have send my running list to Nick and asked that he take over keeping names so I can concentrate on moving my family, tools and equipment. Nick will let me know where to ship them and I will get them out ASAP.

-Ed

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Ed has sent me his list. I'll begin contacting people over the next few days about the sales agreement and payment. From now on all communication will be with me. Ed has already offered more than enough for this project so I want to limit the need for his involvement as much as possible.

Bear with me; I'll try to get through all of these as quickly and efficiently as I can.

I have reached out to everyone on this website that has requested a coupler or couplers.

If you have not received a PM or email from me, please let me know and I will add you to the list. My information regarding interested people is based on the list that Ed had generated.

PLEASE NOTE: ALL of the couplers have been spoken for.

Those of you that have received a message from me, I look forward to hearing back from you. Please get back to me as soon as you can as there is a waiting list of people wanting couplers that were not able to get in on this order. If you have received a message from me and you are not interested, I understand, but please know that I do not know when/if another order of these will be made. Ed has offered up a lot of time and effort to help with this while I'm out of the country, and I wont ask him to do it again.

Thanks,
    Nick

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    That would great

Thanks.
    Dennis
    Dennis, A couple of spline hobs/cutters.

IMG_1163.jpg
    And in action.
    IMG_1174.jpg

A short video of internal gear teeth being cut.

We've done some very Off the Wall spline cutting in the past...

P1000536.jpg

Now what it's attached to...

P1000543.jpg

(Sorry to the OP, My intent wasn't to hijack the thread, just show a bit of gear/spline cutting)...

George
    Last edited by refugeefromcalif; 09-19-2015 at 03:35 PM.
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Very cool, thanks George!
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by refugeefromcalif View Post
    (Sorry to the OP, My intent wasn't to hijack the thread, just show a bit of gear/spline cutting)...

George
    No worries at all. Most people never realize how much goes into cutting gears and splines. If I had known how much work was involved with getting gears and splines right, I probably would not have taken on trying to make a one piece shaft. After that was over, the coupler didn't seem too difficult. Still, as I'm sure you know, that doesn't mean there arent a lot of parameters that have to be right for the fit to be right. Certainly not something that can be thrown into a mill and hope to come out right. Pretty much always requires at least one specialty machining process like: hobbing, shaping, shaving, grinding, broaching; all of which require very specialized tooling.

All,

I got the list of people to ship couplers out to. I am closing on our new house tomorrow so the couplers won't be shipped out until the weekend.

-Ed

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Congrats on the new house!

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk
    -----Dan B.

If you have received a PM and/or email from me regarding the coupler, please respond as soon as possible. There are several people that I have not heard from since our initial contact. If you are no longer interested, please let me know, as there are individuals waiting to purchase these.

All,

I have not shipped the couplers out because i'm in over my head trying to get things settled with the house. I have been painting until about midnight since last Thursday. Today I got all the shipping pouches, and one boxed to go to Australia ready to ship them out but it seems I packed the roll pins deep in the trailer where I can't get to them at the moment. I thought I set them aside with the couplers before the move but those ended up being one of the incorrect sized bags. I'm very sorry for the delay but I will get them out ASAP.

Regards,

Ed

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast