FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Pressure Plate

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Pressure Plate

Hey folks,

I noticed my plate is slightly off center while resting. You can see a hairline crack near the bottom. Is this normal? Additionally, is the plate supposed to rest on that rubber center piece?

Thanks!

20150708_183557.jpg 20150708_183802.jpg

My VIN:    03572

Not sure if that miss centering would hurt. I think mine is centered. No it does not rest on that rubber. I think that is just to prevent damage if it backfires.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Not sure if that miss centering would hurt. I think mine is centered. No it does not rest on that rubber. I think that is just to prevent damage if it backfires.
    Gotcha, thanks Dave.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by bytes311 View Post
    Gotcha, thanks Dave.
    The plate should be centered but you must make sure it does not rub the side of the venturi as it moves. You can adjust it by loosening the bolt. There should be no cracks in the plate. It is only supposed to hit the rubber bumper if there is a backfire.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Hey folks,

I noticed my plate is slightly off center while resting. You can see a hairline crack near the bottom. Is this normal? Additionally, is the plate supposed to rest on that rubber center piece?

Thanks!

20150708_183557.jpg 20150708_183802.jpg
    It is actually important for the plate to be centered and there is a procedure for it using feeler gauges.
    BTW you have a Volvo #'d fuel distributer so others have been working on the fuel system before you.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    The plate should be centered but you must make sure it does not rub the side of the venturi as it moves. You can adjust it by loosening the bolt. There should be no cracks in the plate. It is only supposed to hit the rubber bumper if there is a backfire.
    Duly noted, thanks David.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ Grady Inc. View Post
    It is actually important for the plate to be centered and there is a procedure for it using feeler gauges.
    BTW you have a Volvo #'d fuel distributer so others have been working on the fuel system before you.
    Rob
    I'd imagine the positioning of the plate is a major vacuum leak? Hmm, I wonder if that's what's causing my idle to stay around the 900 mark. And I had no idea about the distributor.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Duly noted, thanks David.

I'd imagine the positioning of the plate is a major vacuum leak? Hmm, I wonder if that's what's causing my idle to stay around the 900 mark. And I had no idea about the distributor.
    The plate is supposed to measure the quantity of air going into the motor. It is most accurate if it is centered. It is VERY IMPORTANT that it not rub or touch the metal sides of the venturi. That would introduce a large error. It is in effect one huge (but accurate and metered) vacuum leak.
    David Teitelbaum