FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Owner is Retiring, Parts for Sale!

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Nobody has stated the obvious. Delorean One closed the doors and retired years ago! Explain that one Carter Wright or whoever you are.

My VIN:    5436

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by overlandman View Post
    ^ this!!!!!

Hey deloreanone - got a gray passenger sun visor?
    What's your VIN???

Last edited by MML; 07-10-2015 at 10:08 PM.
    - Martin - VIN 5436 -

My VIN:    5835

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Arrow

Yeah I'm lost .. But what else is new?

Lou and "Boo"- The man you love to hate.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo" VIN 5835
    Born October 1981 - Brought back to life December 2011
    "Fastest naturally aspirated PRV" Delorean
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blue" - 1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc series 2

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Thank you for by far the most pointless waste of time I have ever received. Word of advice: when someone says "how much would you like for everything? I'll be over Saturday with a bag of cash." You normally respond with a predetermined figure as that is what you start with before offering things for sale.

I know everything you have stock piled down to the condition of individual panels. I make it my business knowing these things about past and present competitors in this market. Between Grady and I we have both been willing to pay you more than a reasonable price. After watching him fight with you on price for a better part of a year I shouldn't have wasted my time.

Ed you should take your remaining picked over crap to the grave after what I hope is many more years of relaxing retirement. Stop wasting everyone's time and bow out along with DeLorean one for the last time. Just think....: by dinner my haulers would have been already loaded and gone with crap only two people in the world want and you siting fat on a nice payday.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by MML View Post
    What's your VIN???

Haha, exactly! This should have been the first warning.

You ever walk into a restaurant and the waitress advertises the "special" but doesn't tell you what the price is? You know what the price is don't you? The price is "you're getting hosed!" lol

Imagine going to the mall to buy some jeans or shoes and you don't get to see what is for sale or any of the prices, and the guy at the front only asks you how big your feet are. Not in a million years would you be dumb enough to shop there. And no one should here either.

We used to joke about that guy at the auction who would buy the mystery bag for $5. And it might be full of bent nails.

Josh hit that bent nail on its head... what a waste of time for everyone!!!

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Who are you josh? Are you josh bengston?

Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    Thank you for by far the most pointless waste of time I have ever received. Word of advice: when someone says "how much would you like for everything? I'll be over Saturday with a bag of cash." You normally respond with a predetermined figure as that is what you start with before offering things for sale.

I know everything you have stock piled down to the condition of individual panels. I make it my business knowing these things about past and present competitors in this market. Between Grady and I we have both been willing to pay you more than a reasonable price. After watching him fight with you on price for a better part of a year I shouldn't have wasted my time.

Ed you should take your remaining picked over crap to the grave after what I hope is many more years of relaxing retirement. Stop wasting everyone's time and bow out along with DeLorean one for the last time. Just think....: by dinner my haulers would have been already loaded and gone with crap only two people in the world want and you siting fat on a nice payday.
    [B][/WHO ARE YOU??? ARE YOU JOSH BENGSTON?

I have no clue who you are or what you do for a living... What is your rant about? All I know is that I introduced myself to DMC TALK at 1:40pm on July 10, 2015 and you posted the word "SOLD" on DMC TALK one hour and 4 minutes later! And sometime subsequent to your posting the word "SOLD" on DMC TALK, you send me a private email asking "Please let us know what you have and prices". Regards, Josh Bengston

My response to you was:
    Hi Josh, Thank you for your inquiry. I apologize for my delayed response. I have been a bit inundated with various requests for inventory, parts and tools and I am precluded from discussing a Bulk Sale at this time. One can well imagine the scope of the inventory and equipment accumulated over the past 25 to 30 years of providing parts and services for DeLorean Owners across the United States and throughout the world. Much has been sold and there is still a considerable amount of remaining stock available for sale. Various overtures have been made for various quantities of parts, new and used, cores and repairable metal panels, door, hoods, rack and pinions, engines, transmissions etc. Some are readily available from other sources on the internet as new and/or aftermarket components and many are not available anywhere at this time. Given the wide scope of products and the somewhat limited in-depth inventory available, I can only respond to specific requests for identifiable DeLorean parts, quantities and associated repair tools at this time. ie: Welders, Sand Blasters, Molds, Cores and supplemental associated components as individually requested. Several of the tools are extremely heavy and the cost of crating, shipping and insurance could be quite high. I just do not know at this time and without specifics, all responses are pure conjecture on my part. Regards, Carter

Therefore, DPI JOSH or whatever your name is, and given your rude, callous remarks on DMC TALK, just who do you think you are and to whom do you think you are talking?

You have no style, you have no class and you make ALL DELOREAN AUTOMOBILE OWNERS AND ENTHUSIASTS throughout the United States and around the world look like a bunch of idiots.

From a business point of view, your text stating "I'll be over Saturday with a bag of cash" is ludicrous. You are hereby advised not to contact me via email or any other manner of correspondence whatsoever. You comments appear to be those from of a very frustrated individual and I have no clue who you are. It may be in the best interest of all DeLorean Automobile Owners and enthusiasts throughout the world that you take a lower profile with your opinion and your advice. It is insulting to the legacy of John Z. Delorean.

Sincerely,
    Carter Wright

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter Wright Parts View Post
    [B][/WHO ARE YOU??? ARE YOU JOSH BENGSTON?

I have no clue who you are or what you do for a living... What is your rant about? All I know is that I introduced myself to DMC TALK at 1:40pm on July 10, 2015 and you posted the word "SOLD" on DMC TALK one hour and 4 minutes later! And sometime subsequent to your posting the word "SOLD" on DMC TALK, you send me a private email asking "Please let us know what you have and prices". Regards, Josh Bengston

My response to you was:
    Hi Josh, Thank you for your inquiry. I apologize for my delayed response. I have been a bit inundated with various requests for inventory, parts and tools and I am precluded from discussing a Bulk Sale at this time. One can well imagine the scope of the inventory and equipment accumulated over the past 25 to 30 years of providing parts and services for DeLorean Owners across the United States and throughout the world. Much has been sold and there is still a considerable amount of remaining stock available for sale. Various overtures have been made for various quantities of parts, new and used, cores and repairable metal panels, door, hoods, rack and pinions, engines, transmissions etc. Some are readily available from other sources on the internet as new and/or aftermarket components and many are not available anywhere at this time. Given the wide scope of products and the somewhat limited in-depth inventory available, I can only respond to specific requests for identifiable DeLorean parts, quantities and associated repair tools at this time. ie: Welders, Sand Blasters, Molds, Cores and supplemental associated components as individually requested. Several of the tools are extremely heavy and the cost of crating, shipping and insurance could be quite high. I just do not know at this time and without specifics, all responses are pure conjecture on my part. Regards, Carter

Therefore, DPI JOSH or whatever your name is, and given your rude, callous remarks on DMC TALK, just who do you think you are and to whom do you think you are talking?

You have no style, you have no class and you make ALL DELOREAN AUTOMOBILE OWNERS AND ENTHUSIASTS throughout the United States and around the world look like a bunch of idiots.

From a business point of view, your text stating "I'll be over Saturday with a bag of cash" is ludicrous. You are hereby advised not to contact me via email or any other manner of correspondence whatsoever. You comments appear to be those from of a very frustrated individual and I have no clue who you are. It may be in the best interest of all DeLorean Automobile Owners and enthusiasts throughout the world that you take a lower profile with your opinion and your advice. It is insulting to the legacy of John Z. Delorean.

Sincerely,
    Carter Wright
    Hello Carter Wright,

I spent a lot of time talking to Ed over the years and especially this last year trying to negotiate a fair deal on this inventory. Funny thing is your response to DPI Josh sounds exactly the way Ed would handle the reply to him IMHO. So I Goggled Carter Wright Auto Parts and came up with....nothing. Hmmm. I seem to remember a "Fat Boy" in the DML's heyday who would lampoon people and cause controversy and low and behold he turned out to be Ed Berstein. So it would not be unusual for you to change names to protect the noninnocent. I can understand why you would do this as everyone has lost patience with your bait and switch tactics and I would prefer dealing with anyone but you in negotiating a purchase if I were still so inclined. I wish Carter Wright really existed.

The big obstacle standing in the way of a sale Ed is you. You do not deal in good faith. In fact last time we spoke you said you would throw the inventory away before allowing anyone to get a "good deal" from you. I had already figured that out long before that but still I kept trying. I hate to see the small percentage of decent parts and tools you have that aren't cores or unrepairable junk thrown away but it is inevitable. I could go on for hours about the various tricks and stunts you pulled on my visits to your shop and your innumerable rants on the phone...shall I continue?

My message to the forum is that Ed is more difficult to deal with than ever and is determined to wring the last dime out of the inventory at your expense. His mental state is clinical at this point and I would advise people to stay away for their own sanity and protection. Of course this is all just my opinion what do I know about Ed Berstein and his Delorean parts other than two wasted trips to see it and many months of futile negotiation? I even spent time with Don Stegar fixing things on one of Ed's cars for free in the hope that it might make our negtiations go smoother. No such luck but really it was wishful thinking on my part. All I can say at this point is buyer beware. There are no "deals" to be had with Ed Bernstein. Good luck selling your inventory Ed...you're going to need it! Better plan on renewing your lease.

Rob Grady

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Who am I? I'm the future.

You can think of me as the custodian of this car for the next 30+ years. Or sooner or later to be the last one standing. Where when my time has come to transition to the next generation of caretakers I will do so with integrity. Not squeeze the last drop as you have tried to do.

Who am I addressing? A relic of a time long past and not too soon forgotten.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Ed (if this IS actually Ed),

When I was a wee lad, you were the only game in town. We're talking early 90's pre-internet. I found out about D1 via DeLorean World. I asked for the front grill DMC badge for Christmas. My father called you and asked if he could buy one.

You said "no," because we didn't own a DeLorean.

You should probably fess up and come out as yourself. You can't lie about your name if you're selling parts - you need to be accountable to those people who buy from you. It's the very least you can do, especially if you're going to rip people off.

Do the right thing and provide us with ALL your information. Website? Phone number, email address, inventory, YOUR history as a vendor. Essentially, prove you ARENT Ed! Who are you, where have you been and why hasn't anyone ever heard of you, especially Grady, who's been doing this as long or longer than anyone?!
    Last edited by sdg3205; 07-14-2015 at 12:12 AM.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    3997

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    When I was a wee lad, you were the only game in town. We're talking early 90's pre-internet. I found out about D1 via DeLorean World. I asked for the front grill DMC badge for Christmas. My father called you and asked if he could buy one.

You said "no," because we didn't own a DeLorean.
    I called Ed once needing a part...he told me I didn't deserve to own a DeLorean and that I didn't make enough money to cater to the hobby.

Thanks, dream crusher.
    Living The Dream Since 2005 - VIN#3997

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast