Quote Originally Posted by kbrown84 View Post
To my understandings, DeLorean Cadillac disassembled the body panels, and then painted all the panels off the car. This would ensure that the inside door jambs of the car were also painted...which this one is not. It is also missing the "hockey stick" graphics that the dealership installed on all the painted cars. This wasn't painted by DeLorean Cadillac...and without documentation of it from the dealer, I would steer clear.
Just my two cents...
I don't know that they actually pulled the doors as the couple of examples that I found with a quick search do indeed show bare stainless in the door sills.

And "Candy Apple" does appear to be a valid color that came from De Lorean Cadilliac. But you're right that this car is missing the hockey stick graphics. Though while I too have never seen one if their painted cars without those trademark lines, who knows if that was a "mandatory" graphic by them. The DeLorean Museum does have the original buyer information on this car, so that might help with a little bit of the car's history. But if there isn't any solid documentation to go along with the car, like any classic car or antique you've got to take it all at total face value.

That doesn't mean that it's a "bad" car, just that it doesn't have the claimed pedigree by the previous owner.