FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Houston online parts store redesign

My VIN:    3937

Houston online parts store redesign

I didn't see mention of this yet anywhere on here (I'll admit to getting distracted with the recent drama as others likely were too).

Looks like the Houston parts store pages got a bit of a redesign recently. Similar content of course, but changed layout. The parts listings come up in a scrolling sub-box and the diagram itself can be zoomed into by hovering your mouse over it.

I saw a couple new areas, like the "new and cool" one for example. I don't see yet where the franchises have their unique parts listed, like once upon a time they had on their individual sites (Joe Cool fan box, strut bars, etc.)

Anything else you've noticed?

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Saw this yesterday during our weekly price checking on key items. It was a bit easier to navigate.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Other Changes on the Parts Store page?

Did some other "clicking" on the Parts Store page, with some unexpected results.

Clicked on the all the Locations buttons and got mixed results.

Clicking on either DMC Europe or DMC Northwest "bounced" back to DMCH site.

Not sure if this is a "change" or not, or just a glitch with the main website.
    (same results when attempting to click Locations anywhere on the website)

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

DMCH Main Website re-design (re-launch)

I ran into a couple of auto website guys at the BCU Show this weekend (British Car Union Show)
    and they mentioned they were working on the re-launch of the DMCH website (last weekend).

They mentioned the re-launch was to go live over the weekend, but I did not see that happen.
    However, I did a quick check the last few days and I noticed the main website changes today.

These guys have a great portfolio and at a quick glance, they did a nice job for the DMCH website.

Check out the changes at delorean.com when you get a few free moments.

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Looks good, but I miss the bigger zoom window on the parts diagrams. Now I can't really see some numbers on the parts, and I have to guess. When viewing on the iPad, an attempt to increase the zoom level just makes the zoomed view smaller. Maybe I'm missing something.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    2222

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCH) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Looks good, but I miss the bigger zoom window on the parts diagrams. Now I can't really see some numbers on the parts, and I have to guess. When viewing on the iPad, an attempt to increase the zoom level just makes the zoomed view smaller. Maybe I'm missing something.
    I hate the new store. The website developer tried to get too fancy with the auto zooming diagram. I find myself mousing over it accidentally and the popup image just gets in my way of seeing the list of parts. There are better ways to handle this. I find the new implementation quite annoying.

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by durech View Post
    I hate the new store. The website developer tried to get too fancy with the auto zooming diagram. I find myself mousing over it accidentally and the popup image just gets in my way of seeing the list of parts. There are better ways to handle this. I find the new implementation quite annoying.
    I completely agree with what you said about the auto zooming feature. Yes, annoying.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I completely agree with what you said about the auto zooming feature. Yes, annoying.
    Ditto on the autozoom but I like the picture of the Delorean that appears to have just completed a series of donuts and looks to be sitting on the N.J. side of the Hudson river facing the "Big Apple". I could be wrong on the locale but I really like the graphics on that shot. I'd like to steal that pic for my site if James will let me? What say you James....pleeease!
    Rob

My VIN:    6585

Looks good. The autozoom does take a bit of getting used to. If you click on a different location, the site looks the same save for the address.

However, could we please get larger photos of the parts when we click on them for details?
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...