FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 1981 Delorean going to be auctioned July 18th in Vermont

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

It seems to be the trend with classics, to leave that layer of dust and grime on it, to underline the "barn-find" patina. In some quarters, people will pay more for originality over restored.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

I didn't see this until now. I'm not too far from there. I might have gone to see it (and possibly bid, but not at $15k looking like that - like others said, they should have at least washed it for sale).

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

Club(s):   (DCF)

This one needs a complete restoration by the way it looks. I can only imagine what kind of shape that frame is in. They will be lucky to get 8 or 9k for it.
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

Club(s):   (DMCNE)

Last I heard through the grapevine, which could be old news now, is that an offer of $8K was rejected.

Sometimes people just have a false idea of what they think things are worth....They will sit on it for a long time and eventually an offer in the $9k-$10k range will come in and they'll take it just to move it.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Is it really that much worse than this one, that sold for almost $20k?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1981-DeLorea...p2047675.l2557
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    04194: 5-Speed, Black Int, 79 Peugeot 604 Manifold, 05052: 5-Speed, Gray Int, 78 Peugeot 604 manifol

If the frame can be salvaged I would place that car in the $8,000.00 to $10,000.00 range. If the frame is beyond repair, I would assess it significantly lower.

Assuming the frame is good, this car is be a good candidate for a carb conversion. With $2,500 to $3,500 in parts and about 100-200 hours of labor (including the replacement of the entire fuel system, all brake hoses and master cylinder, caliper kits, clutch hydraulics, coolant hoses and newer tires) it could be a decent driver. Plus a good chuck of the money can be recouped by selling used K-Jet cores parts.

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Ras12 View Post
    I was told they are looking to get $15,000 for the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Sounds like they'll be looking for a while....
    The seller may get just what they wish... if he waits long enough, it will be worth $15,000. And at the same time a loaf of bread will be $40, lunch at Mickey D's will be $85 and tickets to a ballgame will be $1,000 (or did that one already happen?).

I'd be curious what they wanted for the other crap (sorry... things) shown in those photos. What's a beat-up old rusty boat go for these days? I have seen examples of some of those "for auction" items in better condition at the dump.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2