FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: window regulator parts.

My VIN:    2818

window regulator parts.

I started getting my car, which I haven't driven since 1995 and so far except for AC and one broken gear in the passenger side window regulator all works and I've had it for a short test drive. I can't go far as I can't fit my power chair, which I need, in it.
    What I need is the gear that drives the window cable, it's cracked and binds every 360º revolution. The motor is fine and works and not needed. The left side regulator would also work as the gear is the same.
    Mickey
    Mickey

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

bad gear

Had same problem, motor only went a ways and stopped.
    Took the gear box apart and found the brass gear was split.
    Drilled out the hole slightly, superglued the crack and the shaft.
    Clamping it with a hose clamp. Been working great for 24 years now.

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by a39 View Post
    I started getting my car, which I haven't driven since 1995 and so far except for AC and one broken gear in the passenger side window regulator all works and I've had it for a short test drive. I can't go far as I can't fit my power chair, which I need, in it.
    What I need is the gear that drives the window cable, it's cracked and binds every 360º revolution. The motor is fine and works and not needed. The left side regulator would also work as the gear is the same.
    Mickey
    I have spare parts for the original regulator but keep in mind that's only one of several fatal flaws in the design. If you want to patch it up anyway you could PM me as I also have collars to beef up the tube etc.
    Rob