FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Crimes Against DeLoreans

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Crimes Against DeLoreans

Pictures and videos of people touching, jumping into, leaning on, knocking on and/or otherwise toying with your Delorean.

Dave

Here, somewhere.

Dave

Here, somewhere.

I really thought this was another will I am thread.

Big bump for this thread. With the Instagram shenanigans we could really get this going.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    1121

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Abby Ehler Hagen hopping on mine.

My VIN:    2567 (Sold)

Well.... a few years ago, I was in Beverly Hill, Rodeo Drive. There was $1.7M two tone yellow Bugatti Veyron owned by Bijon parked on the street. A lot of people were taking photos next to that car, including myself. Obviously people gave some distances and never physically touching it, until a group of foreign tourist showed up and they all started taking photos by leaning against car and some were doing Abby.
    Well... I hope Mr. Bijon isn't too upset. He can always get a new paint job. Might cost him $50K. It's only a car, $1.7M car....

By the way, people on this photo are not those tourists. These people are giving plenty of distances and respect, like normal people.

gal_6056.jpg
    Last edited by Ryan S.; 04-07-2016 at 10:42 PM.

My VIN:    3937

I got thinking about the "lying on the hood, social media" incidents, and wondered if that kind of thing was more likely to happen when the car is parked a little more out of sight, like in a parking garage, as opposed to just out in the open, or on the street?

This recent one with Alan's car looks like it was in a parking structure of some kind, and there was one not more than a year or so ago where a guy was lying across the hood of an Ontario plated car, and it too was in an underground parking structure.

I don't want to consider the "photo shoot-hot model" GOTFH situation, 'cause that's kind of expected, and likely not just the everyday molestation the cars get while at car shows or cruise nights.

But how many others are out there that happened while the car was parked somewhere that the perpetrator could be relatively shielded from public view while they performed their stunt?

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    1121

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

A fair question.

Mine was in a busy ramp in a busy area. I put it in a corner spot further away from building entrances. It was Sunday. I was hoping it wouldn't fill up and it didn't. However, there were other cars not so far away... and traffic that would have been going by. I thought I had the best of both worlds. Away from likely accidental damage, but close enough to prevent molestation. Apparently wrong on the 2nd point.