FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Electrical / Power issue to fuel pump

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Electrical / Power issue to fuel pump

Is it buzzing when the key is in the run position? Put your hand on it.

If it's buzzing, you next want to verify the valve isn't stuck. You check it by swinging the CS pipe towards you as far as it will go (1/2" or so) and removing the short connector hose from the ISM spigot. You should be able to push the hose aside enough to be able look in the spigot opening with a flashlight. Then turn the key to the run position and watch the valve. It should close then open over about 10-20 seconds.

Dennis
    Last edited by DMC5180; 08-04-2015 at 06:56 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    4710

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Is it buzzing when the key is in the run position? Put your hand on it.

If it's buzzing, you next want to verify the valve isn't stuck. You check it by swinging the CS pipe towards you as far as it will go (1/2" or so) and removing the short connector hose from the ISM spigot. You should be able to push the hose aside enough to be able look in the spigot opening with a flashlight. Then turn the key to the run position and watch the valve. It should close then open over about 10-20 seconds.

Dennis
    Yes, it is buzzing. Confirming this little hose is what you are saying to remove and look inside:

CS.jpg

Yes

Dennis
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    You should be able to push the hose aside enough to be able look in the spigot opening with a flashlight. Then turn the key to the run position and watch the valve. It should close then open over about 10-20 seconds.
    I turned the key to the run position and was able to observe the valve slowly close, however it did not reopen, it stayed closed. Is that normal?

Your really just confirming that it moves and is not stuck in the closed position. You should be Good.

I run a DM eng idle ECU, so mine cycles differently that the stock ECU. My ISM pops open 50% after about 3 seconds of being fully closed.

Every time you cycle key the ISM fully open first?
    DENNIS

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by OutOfTime View Post
    I turned the key to the run position and was able to observe the valve slowly close, however it did not reopen, it stayed closed. Is that normal?
    I think that is normal for the stock idle ECU setup. It should quickly pop about half open when your first turn the key on then slowly close or open fully. I can't remember which way it went.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Still no idle... What is the standard setup for the idle microswitch? Its pressed down completely now, I have to press the gas (or twist the throttle control) to get it to "click". Is that proper?

Thanks

Electrical / Power issue to fuel pump

Yes, that is normal operation. As long as the switch is down when the throttle is released, the ISM ECU will be energized and controlling the ISM.

It may be time to start looking for potential vacuum leaks. Review the routing chart on the underside of the engine cover. It's also possible the CO adjustment is way off. I noticed you have the removable CO plug. Who knows what the PO did considering your inertia switch was gone.
    Last edited by DMC5180; 08-07-2015 at 02:01 PM.
    DENNIS

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6