FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Flux Capacitor Storage Doors. One Last Run....

My VIN:    16409

Sal, do you take PayPal? I sent you an email, but thought I'd ask here too.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

How to Buy One...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 16409 View Post
    Sal, do you take PayPal? I sent you an email, but thought I'd ask here too.
    I do take PayPal. If anyone wishes to purchase a unit, send $175.00 plus $10.95 shipping to me at [email protected] via PayPal. When I receive payment you will be placed on the order list and you will get a confirmation email from me.

Thanks,
    Sal

My VIN:    01955

Quote Originally Posted by Steelwings View Post
    Simon,
    Thanks for your patience and kind words...Let me know when it gets there!
    Sal
    No need to. Everyone who has got them raves about them!

Will let you know when it arrives and installed.

Just curious Sal, how many preorders did you get?
    Chris Miles

DeLorean Historian / Administrator Tamir A.'s Avatar

My VIN:    11474

I put in an order for this for what is to be Sal's last run. Can't believe I missed the first set of orders, as these are sweet.

Just wondering, can someone post a pic. of the door in their car? I'm wondering about the lock mechanism. Did people swap out their locks on their current doors and put it on this one or are people just laying it in the space and not locking it? I'm wondering if it would be worthwhile to buy a separate lock from DMC Houston and have the key matched?

T.
    Fan of all things DeLorean!

My VIN:    6654

Club(s):   (DCF)

Just ordered one also. I hope it will stop the "Where's the flux capacitor" questions.
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

Hey Sal, how goes the build process? Can't wait to see them!
    Chris Miles

DMC Texas 800-872-3621 or +1-281-441-2537 DMCH James's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 10570 and 6776

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (SCDC) (DCUK)

I got one for my fiance and we just swapped the existing lock from her cubby door to the FC. It's easy to do. I read of at least one person who had Sal make theirs without ANY lock hole, and they mounted it on the back wall under the rear window, where it fits much better than the more screen-accurate props. In hindsight, I would've probably gone that route.

James

Quote Originally Posted by Tamir A. View Post
    I put in an order for this for what is to be Sal's last run. Can't believe I missed the first set of orders, as these are sweet.

Just wondering, can someone post a pic. of the door in their car? I'm wondering about the lock mechanism. Did people swap out their locks on their current doors and put it on this one or are people just laying it in the space and not locking it? I'm wondering if it would be worthwhile to buy a separate lock from DMC Houston and have the key matched?

T.

My VIN:    802

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCH James View Post
    I read of at least one person who had Sal make theirs without ANY lock hole, and they mounted it on the back wall under the rear window, where it fits much better than the more screen-accurate props.
    I had Sal make mine without any lock hole (no hole and no clips on the bottom), it's my intention to mount it on the back wall but haven't done so yet. Waiting for Dave and his crew to do their magic and when I get the vehicle back from them, one of the first projects I'll be working on. I haven't quite figured out how yet, my thought is to build out the rear wall, install a pair of 6x9 speakers with the flux capacitor in the middle. I'll have to post some pictures on here when that's done (owe that to Sal too).

"No hole" version:
    CIMG0197.jpg

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

What is the depth of the unit? I just tried fitting my Door against the wall. It is 11"x11" It does not fit against the wall, But does stand vertical about 2 inches forward of it. I guess this should work fine by allowing for the depth of the unit. I also like the Idea you can simply put velcro hook on the back of it and stick it to the carpeted wall. Easy to remove that way.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast