FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Flux Capacitor Storage Doors. One Last Run....

My VIN:    802

Club(s):   (DMA)

11"x11"x2" - with a 1 1/4" "flange" around the edge, so if I recessed it into an opening it would only need 3/4" of clearance behind and stick out 1 1/4".

My VIN:    01955

Thanks for the Flux Sal! Really happy with your craftmanship! Whoever has seen it is impressed and I've got a few anal friends as well!

Sorry for the blurriness, had the shutter open longer to compensate the light.

My VIN:    16409

Quote Originally Posted by Notifier View Post
    I had Sal make mine without any lock hole (no hole and no clips on the bottom)
    After seeing your post and how it looks without the hole, I was sold. I contacted Sal and told him I didn't want the key hole. I still want the clips on the bottom though. Now, I'm going to have to figure out a way to take it off when I want swap it out for the original door. Maybe I can rig up a little knob to pull.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 16409 View Post
    After seeing your post and how it looks without the hole, I was sold. I contacted Sal and told him I didn't want the key hole. I still want the clips on the bottom though. Now, I'm going to have to figure out a way to take it off when I want swap it out for the original door. Maybe I can rig up a little knob to pull.
    I never could understand the purpose of a locking compartment in an already locked vehicle anyway. If someone went through the trouble of breaking into the car I seriously doubt a 27ยข lock will keep them from going any further. You've got a little bit of meat on the top after the rubber gasket to put a small knob or pull.

Sal did do some nice work. When I originally ordered it I really didn't want to hide it behind the seat so that's why I ordered it without the hole. Now I just gotta figure out what to do with it! I actually want to hook it up three ways: 1.) to the dome light circuit, it goes on when the doors are open; 2.) to the keyless entry so I can press a button and it turns on when I'm out of the car; 3.) to a override switch so it will run continuously. Don't think I want it running when driving, at night it will be too distracting.

My VIN:    06960

I never could understand the purpose of a locking compartment in an already locked vehicle anyway.
    I use it to store all of my stuff at a public car show, where I always leave my doors open. Absolutely great for that purpose.
    Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

D-Status: - Getting some Spring exercise

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

since Sal's original thread describing the flux capacitor storage doors was on the old forum, i had a couple questions about them:

how are they powered? i assume a battery of some sort?

what kind of controls do they have? obviously a power switch; anything else?

any other pertinent details?
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

Now I just gotta figure out what to do with it! to the dome light circuit, it goes on when the doors are open
    That's a great idea!!

Quote Originally Posted by dvonk View Post
    since Sal's original thread describing the flux capacitor storage doors was on the old forum, i had a couple questions about them:

what kind of controls do they have? obviously a power switch; anything else?

I haven't opened mine to check out the batteries, but they will either be AAs or AAAs. On/Off button and also a rotating switch to alter the pulsating light sequence, slow to fast.

Simple 9V battery. Sal does state that it can be powered with the vehicle 12VDC power source. However I may use a 12V-9V voltage adapter because most cars really put out close to 14VDC+ running, don't want to burn the unit out. I would also suggest using the 9V clip from an old clock radio or something so you don't have to cut the clip on the unit to connect it.

1.) Disconnect capacitor drive before opening
    2.) Shield eyes from light

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

Quote Originally Posted by SIMid View Post
    On/Off button and also a rotating switch to alter the pulsating light sequence, slow to fast.
    nice, i was wondering if the 'fluxing' was adjustable.

Simple 9V battery. Sal does state that it can be powered with the vehicle 12VDC power source. However I may use a 12V-9V voltage adapter because most cars really put out close to 14VDC+ running, don't want to burn the unit out. I would also suggest using the 9V clip from an old clock radio or something so you don't have to cut the clip on the unit to connect it.
    i like that idea. i also like the idea of connecting it to the dome light circuit. now all i need is a DeLorean.

1.) Disconnect capacitor drive before opening
    2.) Shield eyes from light
    WIN.
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast