FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Brake Line Length and Thread Size

Brake Line Length and Thread Size

Hey,

I'm getting a set of SS brake lines made for my car locally.

Was wondering if anyone had a set handy that they could measure for me?

1. Looking to the end-end (tip of fitting-tip of fitting) length of the front and the rear line.

2. Looking to if confirm the fitting thread size is 10 x 1mm or 3/8-24.

Thanks for your help guys!

My VIN:    #15768 EX #4584

Club(s):   (DOC-UK)

Not sure why you would want to, to be fair. Depending on where your located in the world I'm sure you can get a set from any vendor as cheap as you can get them made. We had these made up as sets some years ago: http://deloreans.co.uk/product-category/delorean-parts/ and are now sold by various vendors. US vendors have lots of sets all i'm sure as such good quality.
    Chris
    Chris Williams #15768 Back on the road after 14 years. Ex#4584
    Worldwide DeLorean Owners Club: www.deloreans.co.uk Full colour DeLorean magazine shipped worldwide.
    DeLorean Essential Buyers Guide: http://deloreans.co.uk/product/delor...-buyers-guide/

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    Not sure why you would want to, to be fair. Depending on where your located in the world I'm sure you can get a set from any vendor as cheap as you can get them made. We had these made up as sets some years ago: http://deloreans.co.uk/product-category/delorean-parts/ and are now sold by various vendors. US vendors have lots of sets all i'm sure as such good quality.
    Chris
    Hi,

It's easier/quicker/cheaper for me to get them made locally.

I already ordered them from a vendor, but they got lost in the mail.

Don't have time to deal with that again.

If I was in the states I'd order them through a vendor.

Thanks.

That's fair enough, I don't know where your located but in some country's they have to be made via a reputable (read approved) company to allow them to pass certain country's tests. TUV for example over in Germany. It may well be different where you are.
    Chris
    Worldwide DeLorean Owners Club: www.deloreans.co.uk Full colour DeLorean magazine shipped worldwide.
    DeLorean Essential Buyers Guide: http://deloreans.co.uk/product/delor...-buyers-guide/

That's fair enough, I don't know where your located but in some country's they have to be made via a reputable (read approved) company to allow them to pass certain country's tests. TUV for example over in Germany. It may well be different where you are.
    Chris
    Yes, they will be made by a pro shop that only does lines.

Hopefully someone has dimensions.......

Thanks.

My VIN:    6883, 6146-Acura Powered, Formerly 10310 and 628

Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

brakeLines.jpg

I went through this exercise. There is a mixture of Metric and English fittings. I think this is accurate.
    I don't have lengths, but this may be helpful information.
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tommyrich View Post
    brakeLines.jpg

I went through this exercise. There is a mixture of Metric and English fittings. I think this is accurate.
    Tom
    Thanks man.

This helps a lot. The rear caliper thread is what threw me off.

If anyone can chime in with the f/r lengths that would be awesome.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Brake Line Length and Thread Size

Quote Originally Posted by tommyrich View Post
    brakeLines.jpg

Tom
    This is good info and should be moved to the resources section for future reference.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

The fronts are 40cm end to end. The rears are 31cm end to end. I still would advise buying them from a reputable vendor though. These are safety critical items your buying. I can ship them anywhere in the world quickly and securely as can all the vendors.
    Chris

The fronts are 40cm end to end. The rears are 31cm end to end. I still would advise buying them from a reputable vendor though. These are safety critical items your buying. I can ship them anywhere in the world quickly and securely as can all the vendors.
    Chris
    Thanks Chris. Appreciate it.