FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Looking for project Deloreans for Sale.

Looking for project Deloreans for Sale.

Hi All, I\m looking for anyone that may be selling a project/salvage/cheap Deloreans for sale.
    Also, what would be an average price that these are going for with or without engines/transmissions?
    Thanks in advance.

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by AriDMC View Post
    Hi All, I\m looking for anyone that may be selling a project/salvage/cheap Deloreans for sale.
    Also, what would be an average price that these are going for with or without engines/transmissions?
    Thanks in advance.
    Not trying to deter you here but read this if you haven't already: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?37...ted%94-threads

There was a car without a drive train or frame floating around a couple of times over the past 18 months. If you search hard on this forum you might come across it. I honestly don't remember what the asking price was. I don't think enough of these types of DeLoreans come around enough to actually give an "average".

If you're looking for something to do a drive train swap then do some research and reach out to some of the folks here who have accomplished this. If you're wanting to go with a stock setup, you're better off finding something with an existing stock drive train. Stock engines run ~$10k from DMCH and DPI if I recall (though I think all they actually sell are SPEC upgraded units). Transmissions are roughly half that.

You can occasionally find PRVs in donor cars that will work. The 3.0 is a common upgrade/swap.

The interior trim parts are all hard to find and expensive. Then there is the issues with different dye colors and upholstery shop foul-ups. The stock fuel and electrical systems can be a real PITA to maintain and troubleshoot. I'm not trying to steer you away, just sharing some of my experiences.
    Jeff

My VIN:    7178

Club(s):   (DMA)

That car went to Beverly Hillls Car Club. It was in Florida first for something like $4.5k but it was only a body, no frame engine trans etc and it was pretty beat. Then it migrated to BHCC and was something like $9k.
    Here's the linky. http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?11...highlight=bhcc Don't know if it's still for sale or not. I'd only recommend it if you needed body parts. No frame killed that one for me.

Quote Originally Posted by OverlandMan View Post

There was a car without a drive train or frame floating around a couple of times over the past 18 months. If you search hard on this forum you might come across it. I honestly don't remember what the asking price was. I don't think enough of these types of DeLoreans come around enough to actually give an "average".

BHCC 9K Delorean

Quote Originally Posted by Josh S View Post
    That car went to Beverly Hillls Car Club. It was in Florida first for something like $4.5k but it was only a body, no frame engine trans etc and it was pretty beat. Then it migrated to BHCC and was something like $9k.
    Here's the linky. http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?11...highlight=bhcc Don't know if it's still for sale or not. I'd only recommend it if you needed body parts. No frame killed that one for me.
    Thanks. Ya, I lived pretty close the BHCC Delorean and went to take a look and it was not even remotely worth the 9K that they were asking. It looked like to should have gone for 3K.