FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: So you want to buy a project car? A _real_ project car?

Builder of the first Delorean Time Machine

My VIN:    2072

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by iflights View Post
    I'm relatively new to this board, but don't the rules indicate that an item for sale in this section must have a price associated with it?
    I'm accepting offers. Because this is a project car and not a 100% stock ready to go Delorean, I'm accepting all offers.

If you want my "it will be on the truck tomorrow, good luck" price, it's $9500. If you want my "I'll think about it" price, it's anything less than that.

That said:

- I'm being realistic about the car's value. I am open to offers of cash, trades, or just about anything else.
    - I'm not in a hurry to sell it. I can continue working on it, and the more time I spend on it getting things tip-top, the more I'll want in return for the car.

I'm happy to answer any and all questions. I'm going up again this weekend to spend some time on it.

Updates for anyone interested!

The motor runs. The injectors need a cleaning - they do not all spray reliably, so it runs lean. I'm working on that.

I've also decided on a price. Current asking price is $8250 OBO. That's as-is, where-is. I strongly recommend that you come see it first!

I'll continue working on it for the next few weeks whenever I have time, but that's the price as of today.

My VIN:    6248

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by nullset View Post
    Current asking price is $8250 OBO.
    8250 / ((9500 - 8250) / 14) = 92.4 days until the asking price is $0, according to the data so far

The cheek is strong in this one!
    But values can go up aswell as down!!
    I loves my grooves!

Wait a few months and I'll pay you to take it!

Seriously though, I think my offer price is pretty fair, and much below that it makes more sense to part it out, which I strongly do not want to do.

https://www.facebook.com/nullset/vid...1620282138529/

She's running!

The issue was that the primary fuel pressure was low. We installed 2 shims to get it back up to spec, and it started right up.

I've also removed more of the props and will post more photos shortly showing the condition of the stainless.

Up next is continuing to put the interior back together and then waiting for a tempting offer!

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

I'm still surprised that this car hasn't had more attention and more offers. Isn't this that restoration project that people are always looking for? Everyone always seems to want a running project car, but when it comes around, people would rather balk at 'this' problem or 'that' problem... as an excuse not to move on it. Best of luck with the sale. Sounds to me like the price might be slowly going up as more things get fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    I'm still surprised that this car hasn't had more attention and more offers. Isn't this that restoration project that people are always looking for? Everyone always seems to want a running project car, but when it comes around, people would rather balk at 'this' problem or 'that' problem... as an excuse not to move on it. Best of luck with the sale. Sounds to me like the price might be slowly going up as more things get fixed
    I'm not too worried about it - the more time I spend on it, the higher the price goes!

I've had some interest so far. I really wanted to get it running again because I know it's worth much more if you can turn the key and she goes, which is exactly what happens now.

It still needs a bit of tuning. I'm going to get the timing dialed in and get a few other things cleaned up, and of course post more pictures soon.

The good news is that the plugs and injectors are all in very good shape, along with the entirety of the fuel system. It actually runs better than my other Delorean at this point!

I think it's the whole. ..." might be for sale, might not, make me an offer, price is only gonna go up" game. Really puts people off. When someone says make me an offer, they already know what they will or won't, take for it. They are just hoping someone will offer more. People don't like that.
    This thread is tainted by that gamesmanship. IMO,
    Seller would be better off starting new thread with pics of how it is, what needs doing and how much he wants. Simples and it would probably sell alot quicker.
    I loves my grooves!

My VIN:    6272 10638 17158

I thought this car sold?
    I'm intrested myself, just need to sell my 82 first!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast