FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37

Thread: 4877 Ressurecting a bad girl...

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I put the passenger side back seat cover one ("ill take a pic later)..my arms ached from all the stretching, and Im sure I didnt do enough..lol.

Was going to start on the seat part, but couldnt figure out how Im supposed to install them...the DMCH covers have plastic flaps where the old ones had the wire for the bolster support.
    They didnt include any instructions how they are supposed to be installed either.

Has anyone installed these new style ones from them?
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    The emblem is not stainless. It's die cast aluminum with thin plating and the black out paint.

I always thought it would be cool to replicate one in stainless though. fwiw stainless would be noticeably heavier than that one.
    This is possible in SS with the new waterjet and CNC equipment at my facility. Anyone made one?
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

Finally got my custom, hand made SS fuel tank closing plate...yaay.

20210328_152415.jpg20210328_152339.jpg

The channels actually act as drains now too..as opposed to the stock one that they just seemed to be there for no reason..hehe.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Today I got a Sony AVX8000 stereo thingy...not many options for single din these days....test fitted it to see how far the screen sticks out.
    Overall, I like that its away from the vents and can be adjust more (yeah, i havent read the manual yet). With its position, it will be easier to reach if I need to.

20210401_174318_HDR.jpg20210401_174342_HDR.jpg

Its a very nice unit, though I still have to connect to phone for gps/navigation...ahh well.

Should be able to start on the fuse box replacement in the next few days, then I can work on getting the wiring harness made for the stereo and getting it secured in the car.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Reached a milestone! Got my new fuel tank plate installed (had to do some fixes on it, cause when he made it, he didnt cut it quite enough)..but looks good under there.

20210414_164920_HDR.jpg

Got the wheels back on and off the jack stands for the first time in a few years....
    That was a lil adventure itself...the floor jack I bought years ago that actually fit under the back to lift it, stopped working right..it decided to not hold pressure (though not leaking anywhere)...sooo...I got some blocks and put them under the rear wheels so I could use my other floor jack on the rear and still be able to get it back out..that went fine..then dropped the front..that went fine..then we decided to roll it off the blocks, which went smoothly..a little too smooth cause she continued forward more than I wanted and smacked the steps..so I'll have to fix a little chipped paint on my front fascia.

Next will be making my harness for the stereo and installing the rear cam (yeah I'm procrastinating on diving into the fuse box as much as I can...hehe)
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37