FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 4877 Ressurecting a bad girl...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

4877 Ressurecting a bad girl...

I recently (end of july) found one I could afford..paid 13k for her (plus the gas, trailer rental and stuff to haul it home)

Back.jpg
    Here she sits in my drive

I call her a bad girl, cause she has a couple of dents on the stainless that I may not fix..not bad and give her a unique look.

Of course she does need a bit o work.....
    Front Fascia is cracked, so hopefully can repair that
    Rear fascia is bent on the bottom and the tailights dont sit straight...prolly have to replace that Im sure
    Interior is a little tatty on the carpets, so either going to try and clean them or replace if I must
    Struts are perished, but have new ones coming from DMCNW in a day or two
    Needs a battery, which Ill get soon, but its ok, gives me time to pull out and clean what I can inside.

The seat backs are seperated from the seat...Any suggestions what to use to put those back? The seats are in decent condition, just a little cracking on the driver
    shoulder.

The engine will run, but some electrical I need to track..fuel pump doesnt come on with the key.

Ill post a few more pics later this eve (after I size them down to a reasonable size)

I got an extra Right Door with it (everything works, just a bit of damage on the outside) Prolly going to sell that after I verify the replaced door on the car is working.

My VIN:    05457

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase! Looking forward to seeing your progress. Be sure to share plenty of pictures!
    David Proehl

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Congratulation on your purchase and welcome to the forum

Thanks...Im happy I got her even though she's got a ways to go...
    Here's some more pics of her.....

FrontFacia-s.jpgInterior-1-s.jpgInterior-2-s.jpgInterior-3-s.jpgRearFacia-s.jpgRightDoor-s.jpgStrut-s.jpg

I did just put in new struts...here's some.. Note the lack of vice grips holding the door open..lol
    Also took out the carpets to clean them up a bit...eventually Ill want new interior carpet, but until then they cleaned up enough that some dmc mats will cover them...hehe.

R1-Int-1-s.jpgR1-Struts-1-s.jpgR1-Struts-2-s.jpg

When I was putting the right door strut on, I discovered the lower rear hinge bolt was missing..this led to the door pivoting wrong and knocking the T panel..luckily I was able to
    remove the strut again and get it closed...hopefully I can easily get a bolt to fix that.

Next up either battery and electrics or pulling the louvre off for painting...

PS.. Donations are welcome.....lol
    Last edited by Lwanmtr; 08-11-2015 at 02:43 AM.

Started to clean the seat rails...pretty rusty, but they'll clean up enough to work until I can afford to replace them. Seats are decent, cept the back cover is off on the driver and the back for passenger is completely missing.

Bought a battery today (woohoo) and ordered new Inertia Switch, hopefully it gets here tomorrow and I can get it actually running.

On a side note...stoopid dmv wouldnt accept the sale price on my bill of sale when I went to transfer the title..despite my trying to explain its a project car...so now I have to send a
    form to the guy I got it from to fill out explaining it was in need of serious work...otherwise, they wanna charge me taxes on 15,000, yeesh.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    10350 & 2083 SEARCHING FOR VIN#16664

Club(s):   (DMCNE)

Congrats and welcome! We have a great online community here of owners who are alway gracious enough to help share their advice and knowledge. Enjoy.
    ---------------------------------
    SEARCHING FOR VIN #16664

My VIN:    10350 & 2083 SEARCHING FOR VIN#16664

Club(s):   (DMCNE)

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Started to clean the seat rails...pretty rusty, but they'll clean up enough to work until I can afford to replace them. Seats are decent, cept the back cover is off on the driver and the back for passenger is completely missing.

Bought a battery today (woohoo) and ordered new Inertia Switch, hopefully it gets here tomorrow and I can get it actually running.

On a side note...stoopid dmv wouldnt accept the sale price on my bill of sale when I went to transfer the title..despite my trying to explain its a project car...so now I have to send a
    form to the guy I got it from to fill out explaining it was in need of serious work...otherwise, they wanna charge me taxes on 15,000, yeesh.
    BTW...Massachusetts and Rhode Island based the value off $24,500 which translates into a $1600 in sales tax!! We can fight it assuming we get the car appraised and send in the appraisal report but everyone knows you never win when you fight City Hall!!
    SEARCHING FOR VIN #16664

My VIN:    #1283

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

R1-Struts-2-s.jpg

Looks like some interesting cave art. Would be interesting with a few close-ups.

You mean the writing on the door?
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Your coil Would appear to be fine. It sounds like you've had a lot of the fuel lines apart. If that's the case, you most likely have air in the injector lines. If you have some starting fluid push the metering flap down part way and spray a 2 second shot down the metering unit.
    Then give it a crank. If there is any spark it will fire up at least long enough to burn off the starting fluid. Don't be afraid to give it about a 1/4 throttle while cranking.

Good luck
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast