Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    10907

Quote Originally Posted by Domi View Post
    There's always something wrong something, keep up the good work, it will be better tomorrow or the day after
    Stay positive
    Yeah, what he said. Hang in there! One day you'll be cruising and it'll all be worth it...

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Got the drop glass out and started hacking away at the thick black adhesive to try and get it to release..sprayed brake cleaner i there to try and get it release..no go..so Im letting it sit overnight.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Well..after a few days of scraping, heating, cussing and repeating, I finally got the carrier to release from the drop glass. I'll have to decide if I want to try and salvage the scratched glass or replace with a new one...
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Today I went and picked up a couple more jack stands and raised the back end and took the wheels off.

Can see how bad the shocks are. I'll take a few more pics of the frame tomorrow, but it looks clean other than surface stuff

20170901_184928.jpg20170901_184943.jpg20170901_185009.jpg

Im paranoid about having it up like that..just seems like its gonna fall over..specially now that its up on 4 with no wheels...hehe.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Don't worry your good. If you really want to make yourself nervous, just jack it up to full Jack stand height.

I had mine at Full height a few years ago to do a Transmission R&R. I left it up on stands over the winter off season. It did make things ergonomically easier to work on stuff in the interior.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

I plan to replace the transmission filter and check it to see where the leak is coming from. Im hoping I dont see any chunks of metal in the pan when I pull it. New tranny is not something I wanna have to get.

I did completely forget that I have the coolant pipe under the fuel tank disconnected, until I raised the back end..and noticed the antifreeze on the floor from where it drained out of the back..lol

Im debating if I want to get into the brakes..the rotors all look good, cept for some surface rust, and looks like theres still a decent amount of stuff on the pads still. Though I'd like to replace all the lines with new ss ones...just not sure I wanna add the $300 or whatever it costs for them

As for interior stuff..not much I need to do there at this point..Just need to get some padding for the carpets (cause I like squishy carpets) and put the front headliner in, after I get replacements for the sunvisor mounts.

I thought about setting the stands higher, actually, but decided I can prolly do with where they're at.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Spent yesterday and today repairing the forn impact absorber I got...

Collected the bits together and cleaned the loose stuff and plate...used Goop Automotive Adhesive to attach them to the plate

20180211_134918.jpg 20180211_134925.jpg

Once it had secured enough I tossed a coat of rubberized coating on it..which didnt seem to cover as well as it should...but it seemed better after it dried.

20180211_151356.jpg

And lastly, applied a couple of coats of truck bed liner to it..Oughta make it nice n sturdy as well as sealing it from moisture.

20180212_155636.jpg

I also put in the sunvisor brackets from DPI...had to use my own rivets though, because the ones included were too long.

Started to put the sunvisors in..got one screw in and fought with all the others trying to get them to line up with the holes in the brackets...doesnt help that the one hinge is in just the right place that you cant really get a screwdriver on the screw well, specially with having to contort to hold the sunvisor, support the headliner and angle the screw....Anyone got any tips on getting those things in without cussing?..hehe
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

I got my reinforced impact absorber onto the car..the bed liner is quite effective. I did end up having to break the ends off cause they were sticking too far out and the fascia would never go on correctly.

20180213_152824.jpg

I also got the sunvisors in...but Im wondering if I have them in wrong? Which way is the fabric side supposed to face?

20180213_152848.jpg
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    10907

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post

I also got the sunvisors in...but Im wondering if I have them in wrong? Which way is the fabric side supposed to face?

20180213_152848.jpg
    I had to run down to the garage and check, but the fabric side faces into the cabin, the vinyl (?) goes toward the windshield.

Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast