FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: 4877 Ressurecting a bad girl...

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Phew...another 3 hour day pulling out the old insulation and scraping all the old stuff.....tomorrow...Pulling the ECU and Fuse Brakets, cleaning out under those and then....bath time for the interior...

AllStrippedOut.jpg

Once its all cleaned n dried I'll be making templates so I can cut the fatmat to fit areas.....stay tuned....
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Now that it's all exposed, take a bunch of overlapping photos of the uncovered insides of the car. Then post them in the resources section for future reference. This way when folks need a visual to help explain a diagnostic process or location, we'll have a pool of pics to choose from.

It's Just a suggestion if you feel like doing it.

Dennis
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Yeah, I'll prolly take some after I wash it all down.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Baked Potato? Or....if its worth doing, its worth overdoing..

Ok, so I finally finished putting down the fatmat sound/heat insulation..my back and knees and arms have registered their complaints from all the kneeling, bending, twisting I had to do to get some of it in there.

I started by using paper to make templates of each peice I needed, as well as taking measurements..funny no matter how many times i measured or fit my paper templates the cut peices never seemed to go exactly how they should have..ahh well.

I ended up using about 60 sq ft or so, and yep I did nearly all of it except areas I knew wouldn't matter..and a few errors (when making templates, be sure you flip the thing for the other side of the car) In all I've only added about 25-30lbs.

Mat-1.jpgMat-2.jpgMat-3.jpgMat-4.jpgMat-5.jpgMat-6.jpgMat-7.jpgMat-8.jpgMat-9.jpgMat-10.jpgMat-11.jpgMat-12.jpg

When I was getting the last pieces in I was reminded of wrapping potatoes in aluminum foil and putting them in the fire to cook when we went camping...

I still need to find some padding for under the carpets, and I'll probably get Harvey's insulation as an add for the back wall.

I took the wheel off so I could drill out the rivets for the engine cover release handle to put new ones in and well...its a lil apparent my shocks are past it....

Shock.jpg

And for those who've followed along and recall the short trip mentioned early on where the wheel fell off...Here is what it looks like when your brake disk runs on the rim. Its also a testimony on the quality of these rims that it survived the car coming down on it and running a few feet...

Wheel.jpg

Stay tuned for more adventures.....
    Last edited by Lwanmtr; 10-13-2016 at 02:39 AM.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Nice job on the insulation!
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Thanks. It actually took longer than I thought it would, simply because of all the crawling in and out..lol.

As an added bonus, the car will super clean, probably cleaner than any car I've ever had because I've torn into areas on this I never did on them...lol.

I did find a penny under the fuse tray...hehe.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    #1283

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Very well done, Rob!
    VR6 engine (367 rwhp/377 ftlb); Type T4 turbo; A/R=0.70/0.68; Air-to-air intercooler, Megasquirt MS3 Pro, Manual tranny w/ HD output shaft; Remote mounted oil filter.
    Adjustable dampers and ride height springs from QA1/DriveStainless; SS triangulated LCA brackets, boxed in LCAs, PU bushings, ventilated front brake rotors - all from DMCEU; UCAs with -3 deg camber from Reid Performance; 15" rear rims x 4
    http://deloreanvr6conversion.blogspot.com

Thanks. And thanks for the help on that.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Well...today was a bit of a wash....

I reattached the rear fascia...of course, 3 of the screws that attach along the rear closing panel didnt go in, cause the holes dont match on the fascia..go figure...

Started putting the tail lights in...decided to quit after an hour or so of trying to get the screws in...cause they dont line up..I think partly because the fascia had been so warped before....I'll revisit it tomorrow or next day...lol

Its amazing how exhausted turning a screwdriver over and over and over while attempting to push the tailights up and in can make one.

The temptation to get a new rear fascia is creeping back in...lol
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Paint yer damn front fascia, put the damn thing on, and post some damn pics...dammit! -lol

+1 lol

Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast