FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: 4877 Ressurecting a bad girl...

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Lol...I still need to get a new impact oabsorber before I can put the front end back on..as well as a new rockscreen and getting the studs fixed on the lower spoiler.

Hopefully in the next month the funds will be available to get moving again...

When Its not so chilly in the garage I may pull the dash out to clean under there and check the condition of the speakers.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Got back to it a little today cause it was nice enough to open the garage...

Crawled inside and took out the front speakers. For those who dont know..the nuts are 7mm...took me longer to figure that out than it did to take them out...mostly because I kept having to get out and search around for sockets. The passenger side one of the nuts wouldnt come off..just spun around, so I had to twsit n pull the speaker to get it out...Gonna have to see if I can get that to come of before I put new ones in. Glad my seats are out cause I woulda never gotten under the driver side...lol.

One of these things is not like the others..... 3 Craig and one 'made in china' speaker. Gonna have to replace all of them.

Speakers.jpg

Also spent a while removing the last of the door seals and did some scraping and sanding to get ready to clean and paint the door opening areas.

20170421_173543.jpg20170421_173550.jpg20170421_173609.jpg20170421_173616.jpg

Next non chilly-rainy day Im gonna start on reoving the A-Pillars...they're both pretty warped beyond repair. Toby said he's got an idea or two on installing new A-Pillars without the need to remove the windsheild, so depending on when I get it up there, my car might serve as a prototype for those ideas..hehe. Here's a pic of the passenger side pillar..you can see how bad its warped..driver side is better but still icky...

APillar.jpg

And a gratuitous shot of the binnacle cause I noticed again how bad it is....lol

Binnacle.jpg

Funny....Im takin' off more parts than Im putting back on....Im sure thats not right....
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    2706

nice! I dont look forward to doing the interior but I will wait until my car drives then ill start on that lol

The one good thing about having it all in parts is that I shouldnt have to do anything later like pulling interior and whatnot...hehe. Of course I wanna be driving her...
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    4519

My speakers looked about the same....cruddy!

Glad to see forward motion, man...before ya know it you'll be road-ready!

Im looking at getting these...

For the front https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004G54A3I...d=X5OPG2BMI3Y8

For the rear https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000067INH...d=X5OPG2BMI3Y8

Definately alot cheaper than getting them through DMC

I'll prolly get those soon, then I can at least get those interior parts put back in (hopfully I can remember which bolts n washers go to the seatbelts...hehe)

I'll be removing the APillars this week too.
    Last edited by Lwanmtr; 04-24-2017 at 08:49 PM.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Spent today removing the A Pillars. They're pretty knackered..here's a couple of pics showing how mangled they got (the vinyl was ripped by mein some areas..hehe).

20170426_165821.jpg20170426_165838.jpg

Removed the Door Sills too so I can clean n paint them. Looks like there was some outlining around the letters at one time? What is that thin plastic sheet stuff that is (or was) underneath that? is it needed? If so, what do you replace with? I just removed it cause it was falling apart and curly from age.

20170426_175418.jpg20170426_175440.jpg

I also did an initial cleaning of the door openings with 409 to start getting alot of the dirt out of there. Hard to get up under the torsion bar to clean really good in there. I'll get some oxy clean stuff before I do a final cleaning to prep for painting.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Spent today removing the A Pillars. They're pretty knackered..here's a couple of pics showing how mangled they got (the vinyl was ripped by mein some areas..hehe).
    any tips on removal?
    Let us reply to ambition that it is she herself that gives us a taste for solitude.

Not sure about good tips...but...If your A Pillars are still intact, you'll have get in with a knife and carefully cut the vinyl along where its tucked up under the windsheild (yup, they bonded the vinyl under the windsheild)...then use a heat gun, flathead screwdriver and patience to heat up and uncurl the vinyl along the outer edges.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Today was an odd one.....

Started by cleaning the door sills, scrubbing all the dirt outta the grooves.

Started taping up the car again to prepare for painting the door openings...discovered the tape wasnt gonna stick to the dash...which led to....

I started taking the dash out...got the knee pads out, and glove box (though not exactly in one peice)...started taking the binnacle off and found that I didnt have a #8 wrench that could get up to one able the duct..so tomorrow ill be runnin to autozone to see if they have one of them wiggly wrenches in that size

I'll post some pics tomorrow, maybe..hehe.

And yep...I realize..I still taking parts off the car, dangit, I wanna put her back together and drive...
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast