FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: 4877 Ressurecting a bad girl...

My VIN:    4519

Looks good....very motivating, right?!

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Thanks. Yeah its motivating to see things looking better (hopefully I wont be taking more parts off again soon...lol).

I got all my new speakers, so at least the rears can go in..I have to get a cheap stereo I can use to make sure its all working until Im able to get the super touchscreen gps with backup camera one I want to get (any suggestions).
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Today I spent some hours finding wiring diagrams for a radio and then disecting the radio plug that PO had put in..tracing all the wires..weeee

Sorry, didnt take any pics of the twisted and tangled mess of wires I had to untangle..hehe.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    10907

Oh man, I'm perpetually in awe of your patience and perseverance. Just dealing with that rats nest of wiring when it's functioning semi-normally is bad enough, lol...

Patience? Lol..cussed quite a bit during that...ya know... 'what the frakkin' drugs was he on' sorta stuff....
    As for perseverance, well I guess I just gotta keep doing something on her...

Today I touched up the engine bay paint, painted a few other bits and started putting stuff back together back there. Gotta get a nut to replace the one that escaped into the valley of death and a couple of hose clamps for the overflow bottle, then I can put the rest of the engine back together.

I think my harness is routed off or something cause I cant seem to get the connector block cover to go on.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Finally got the engine bay put back together..mostly...still cant get the bulkhead connector cover to fit right.

20170511_184118.jpg

There were 3 black wires attached to one of the screws that hold the ballast resistors to that bracket....no matter how I tried, they refused to align right so I could get the screw back in.....my solution.. I connected them to a screw, made another peice of wire and attached that to the ballast screw..much easier than trying to get 3 wired to cooperate.

20170511_175716.jpg

Can anyone tell me what this connector is? It has like 2 tabs and a round thing in the center, like it would plug into a hose or something.

20170511_184200.jpg
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

4877 Ressurecting a bad girl...

That's your engine bay light switch. Half of it. It's fairly common to have the guts pull out of the upper half housing. The wire connector is plugged into the part that is sticking out.

Time for a new switch

FYI, it is the same switch assembly used for the glove box light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DMC5180; 05-12-2017 at 12:58 AM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Where would it connect or be mounted? I dont see any place where it would be....not that I dismiss the possibility of PO shennanigans...lol
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

4877 Ressurecting a bad girl...

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Where would it connect or be mounted? I dont see any place where it would be....not that I dismiss the possibility of PO shennanigans...lol
    Next to your resistor in the rectangle hole. Yes, mine is disconnected on the left side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DMC5180; 05-12-2017 at 08:10 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Ohh...kinda wondered why that was there...lol
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast