FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: 4877 Ressurecting a bad girl...

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Welp..not much progress

Yesterday I used a heat gun to reform the ducts around the center console vents..left them overnight to cool. Spent an hour or so wiring up a harness for a radio..got it all connected, hooked up the battery, turned the key...nothing...cept the led's in my ac panel were flickering a lil...was getting late so I unhooked the battery and quit...

Today I got the center console vents in properly...was fiddly getting those ducts even after reforming them.

Went back through my connections on the radio harness...reattached the battery and used a circuit tester to make sure I was getting power...yup...however..I noticed the led's started flickering again..then they'd turn off when I plugged the circuit tester in...was getting worried til I noticed the light in the tester was getting dimmer and dimmer...sooooooo

Im gonna need a new battery...this one has been a pain since I got it from a local place called Budget Batteries...everyone said they had good products...well I aint seen that..and I've had to have it reconsituted a couple times by them....I put it on my charger and its sat at 54% for a couple hours now....If I used my other charger, I know it would prolly explode or something....lol...anyone have a suggestion on a good long term battery?

I did organize my tools a bit...tossed out boxes and crusty parts that are getting replaced (and nope, they are so bad, not even worth seeing if folks wanted them)...

Been in and out of the car without seats for so long, it will prolly be weird to sit in there on a seat when I get them back in...lol
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Most Name brand Batteries will provide years of service ( in a regularly driven vehicle). In the Delorean no battery will last due to the infrequent use of it. If you want your battery to live. Get a battery disconnect switch or Battery mounted disconnect. I use one religiously. As a result the Battery I have in the car now has lasted 6 years so far. I disconnect the battery after every use because I don't know when I'll drive it next. I drove the car a couple times over the weekend. I just disconnected the battery again since I don't plan on driving it till next weekend at the earliest and if for some reason I don't drive it , I don't need to worry about draining the battery.

The only disadvantages are losing Clock and radio presents. Trivial stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

The battery actually has spent most of its time outside the car, living on a block of wood...hasnt been any need to connect for months. I left it on the charger and it finally reached 100 and went to maintenance mode...so I'll reconnect the charger again tomorrow and see how much the battery drops by then.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    The battery actually has spent most of its time outside the car, living on a block of wood...hasnt been any need to connect for months. I left it on the charger and it finally reached 100 and went to maintenance mode...so I'll reconnect the charger again tomorrow and see how much the battery drops by then.
    What kind/brand of charger do you have? Sounds like a digital smart charger type which IS what you want.

DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

I have a Die Hard Platinum..yeah its a smart charger, and only works plugged directly into the battery.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    4519

Looks like you have a good bit of momentum going Rob, I'm psyched for ya!

Ha...had momentum...kinda got stalled again....

Battery is definately bjorked...after sitting last night I connected the charger again today to check it and it was all but drained...several hours to hit full again. I'll prolly charge it again tomorrow and actually put it in the car and see if it will give me enough time to finish testing the radio harness. I kinda figured it wasnt the best..was about half the cost of other places...I might see if they'll reconstitute it again (or if it can).

Gotta wait on the dash pad til I can get that fiberflex stuff and be able to get a good vinyl paint that matches (or close to be good).

Guess I'll clean the garage next time the weather isnt all rainy...lol

Kind of afraid to pull the pan I have sitting under the transmission to see how much has leaked out since I put it down.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Spent a few hours today again cleaning out more of the garage (yaay busy work)...lol

I also cleaned up and painted the air cleaner housing, since it was looking rather faded n ugly. I decided not to paint the lower part since that part gets most of the engine heat.

20170519_154930_HDR.jpg

I got some free carpet and lenoleum and door molding and old tv's if anyone wants to come get 'em....hehe
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

I know what I can do today....I'll repair the glove box insert...yeah, a lil glue and tape, be easy...

20170521_162658.jpg

Hmm..nevermind, helps if all the peices are there....lol

20170521_163812.jpg

Guess I'll be adding that to my list of things to get...
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Good luck with that. I don't know if anybody sells a reproduction one anymore.

DENNIS

Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast