FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: 4877 Ressurecting a bad girl...

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I plan to upgrade to the new fuel pump eventually.

I'll keep an eye on those hoses though and probably have Toby look at them when I get the car up there for the big work.

For now they dont look split or anything, but I dont know how old they are or anything like that.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

It's one of those that just happens without warning. Just try not to disturb them to much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Got the pump back in...Hopefully the return line is not twsited wrong..with those orange lines being so stiff there wasnt any way to twist the boot to the orientation I think it should be in
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

there's really only one natural orientation the hoses work. which is from the rear pointing forward.

DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Here's where they're at..

20170702_174344.jpg

Needless to say the access panel doesnt fit flat like it should...hehe.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

looks like the lower pump boot is rotated out of position. The boot has 2 notches for the pump wires to sit in when the cover boot is in place. the notches a typically positioned at the 10-11 O clock when looking forward. I don't see the notches in your photo.

DENNIS

No notches on my boot
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Strange, did you lift the clamp and run your fingers all the way around it? The return line port through the boot should be rotated to about the 12 O clock position. the pressure line barb should be pointing rearward about 7 O clock. If this is not how the hoses were when you removed the access cover, they may be difficult to reposition.

DENNIS

I'll post a photo of my fuel pump tomorrow. I still have the Orange hoses too.

DENNIS

The way the lines are now is how they were when I got the car...they cant lie flat and really only want to be where they are.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast