FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 4877 Ressurecting a bad girl...

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Depending what the weather does tomorrow, I may take the engine cover off, mask off the windows and engine, pressure wash and paint the rear deck. and also the gills.
    If its too wet, Ill finish stripping the parts off my extra door.

Cant do the louvre until I get help, since I've never worked with fiberglass and dont want to ruin it.

Been looking at funds and hoping I can get the basics I need to get to where its drivable and looking ok since she's gonna be my daily car......Of course in the long term, I'll slowly work on bringing it back to full restore.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Checked fuel pressure...all good...but points to the CPR..which DMCNW will rebuild and calibrate..yaay. They used hex bolts to attach it to the valve cover..stripped one
    allen wrench...had to acutally go buy a new one (5mm if you're wondering)...Hopefully she'll start after I get it back from them..

Here's a pic of the little part causing so much problem...hehe.
    The 2nd pic is a tip for those trying to read a fuel pressure guage without an assistant...just wedge it between the engine cover and quarter panel (dont ask me if this works with the louvre installed.

IMG079.jpgIMG080.jpg

Tomorrow Ill be getting a bunch of parts from Toby and gonna pressure wash the rear deck and engine cover and paint them (weather permitting) and this weekend starts putting the interior back together with new DIN radio bracket and complete relay update.

I guess I'll give the engine a bath too, while the cover is off..lol
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Well, today was kinda bust....

Went to install new window actuators....hmm..need a bolt for the offset brackets cause the one with it is too short...Did figure out the wiring of the new plug though. Window switches need replaced

Went to put the center console back together...hmmm...the pins on the shifter cover plate be broken....prolly gotta replace that or find a way to secure it...dunno why they had torn that all apart.

So I ended up covering the engine with a tarp and pressure washing the rear deck, engine cover and luggage compartment to prep for painting...also took out the grille under the window / wipers...might as well toss a bit o paint those too....hopefully it will be warm and dry enough tomorrow to get all that stuff painted.

Yesterday I installed my new DIN radio bracket and LED's...lol.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Some progress, finally....

Ok, still not running..waiting for the CPR to come back form being rebuilt..

Painted the Rear deck, Engine cover, Luggage compartment (even pulled that grille and cleaned underneath it)..painted the mirrors and pulled the glass off to get ready to put the new mirror glass on,

Runned outta paint, so I couldnt mask and paint the vents yet....ordered more paint.

Heres a couple of pics of the rear area and luggage area

IMG083.jpgIMG084.jpg

Tomorrow gonna pull out the gorilla glue and start putting center console back in and replace all the relays...
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    10499

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Some progress, finally....

Ok, still not running..waiting for the CPR to come back form being rebuilt..

Painted the Rear deck, Engine cover, Luggage compartment (even pulled that grille and cleaned underneath it)..painted the mirrors and pulled the glass off to get ready to put the new mirror glass on,

Runned outta paint, so I couldnt mask and paint the vents yet....ordered more paint.

Heres a couple of pics of the rear area and luggage area

IMG083.jpgIMG084.jpg

Tomorrow gonna pull out the gorilla glue and start putting center console back in and replace all the relays...

Looks good, how'd the other stuff turn out? What kind of paint did you go with, the SEM Trim black?

SEM Trim Black..great stuff and dries super fast.

Ill take some pics of the mirrors and enginge cover tomorrow.

I need the retaining things for the screens on the engine cover
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Just a pic of the rear deck and engine cover....

IMG085.jpg

Replaced all the relays (except one that didnt have the right connectors).

Tried using acetone on the orange pin striping on the passenger door..dont know if it was paint or some sticker type...gonna have to try paint stripper on that.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    10499

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Just a pic of the rear deck and engine cover....

IMG085.jpg

Replaced all the relays (except one that didnt have the right connectors).

Tried using acetone on the orange pin striping on the passenger door..dont know if it was paint or some sticker type...gonna have to try paint stripper on that.
    That turned out great!

Yeah...that paint is great...dries fast and doesnt seem to run like other paints. Ordered more..summit auto shpped it in one day..im amazed.

I put my new mirror glass in today and started to put the center console back in..but missing the screws to hold the shift plate/swtich panel down :/

Also not sure how to assemble the shifter handle.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My plans for the weekend got rather bjorked....

Got my driver side window actuator in..but the rail doesnt quite line up with the bolts on the drop glass carrier, so I have to try and bend it without crimping it...ok..next..
    On the plus side, I verified that the renault switches work just fine.

Got my rebuilt CPR on saturday..yaay...or not...seems one of the sealing washers went awol, so I couldnt try and fire the car up...searched Oreilys, Autozone, Napa, Home Depot and Mclendons..no one has the right size...lil $.50 part keeping me stuck..lol.

Perusing my list to see if I have anything inexpensive I need thats worth enough to justify driving up to DMCNW to get in addition to a washer...lol

Still have to finish putting in new relays (not looking forward to flasher relay) and then finish putting the shifter plate down
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast