FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 4877 Ressurecting a bad girl...

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Yeah... those damn copper sealing washers are the worst. They always go missing. At some point I'm going to just order two of every one on the car just so I have them. You will not find them on a shelf at any auto parts store.

Cheers
    Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

My VIN:    4877

Yeah...good idea..ill have to get more than just one..lol

Still looking to decide if I have any need to warrant the 45 mile trip, just so I can get it and hopefully get the engine running...I have lots of wants..but its hard without knowing what I'll need thats important.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Got my rebuilt CPR on saturday..yaay...or not...seems one of the sealing washers went awol, so I couldnt try and fire the car up...searched Oreilys, Autozone, Napa, Home Depot and Mclendons..no one has the right size...lil $.50 part keeping me stuck..lol.
    You need to find a BOSCH Certified Service Center. They always keep those those things in stock along with other parts if you're in a bind. Most also do fuel injector cleaning too if you ever need that service, and don't want to bother building one yourself. Call ahead first of course.

If you're in Tacoma, you've got 3 nearby you.

http://www.boschcarservice.us/Pages/ForYourVehicle.aspx

I don't know if they have copper crush washers, but the aluminum ones have always worked just fine for me.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Toby's gonna send me a set of washers from DMCNW

I got my window sorted....though the front kinda hangs...is there a lubricant or something I need to use?
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Woohoo....I think my new battery be dead....lol Bought a new charger, cause my old one wasnt quite working right...it wouldnt even try to charge it. They all have
    computer controls these days that limit how low a battery they'll charge :/

Guess Im running it to Budget Battery (where I got it) and hope they have a replacement..When I got it, it was the only type 78 they had.

New washers for the CPR otta be here tomorrow too....so hoping I'll be able to finally get the engine fired up.

Got the Center console mostly back together.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Bah...I hit a wall...lol

Installed the rebuilt CPR...now I get no fire..had a one cylinder fire, then pop.

Tried bench testing the coil..got about 9.6 and 0.5 ohm...dunno if thats good..couldnt say if its the original coil or not either.
    Difficult to really test for good spark without an assistant...Doesn't help that I'm outta my depth on engine stuff...lol

Stuck...
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Your coil Would appear to be fine. It sounds like you've had a lot of the fuel lines apart. If that's the case, you most likely have air in the injector lines. If you have some starting fluid push the metering flap down part way and spray a 2 second shot down the metering unit.
    Then give it a crank. If there is any spark it will fire up at least long enough to burn off the starting fluid. Don't be afraid to give it about a 1/4 throttle while cranking.

Good luck
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Its possible I got air in there..but so far only the lines to the CPR been removed...ill have a go again tomorrow
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Ok...rechecked injectors....a lil bit knackered and not atomizing properly...so its off to DMCNW tomorrow..Toby's kind enough to clean them for me on a saturday...hehe. With luck, this will be the culprit of it not wanting to run...

For those interested...this is what injectors look like..Im assuming the black crusties arent stock...lol

IMG103.jpg

PS...that #4 injector is a pain to get out....anyone got any tips on the easiest way to get it back in?
    Last edited by Lwanmtr; 09-18-2015 at 07:22 PM.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

4877 Ressurecting a bad girl...

#4 injector access

Remove the idle speed motor. It's two 4 or 5mm head Allen bolts for the motor body strap clamp and a small hose clamp.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast