FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: To All Who Want A Fixer Delorean In The Lower Price Range....Here You Go!! $17K

To All Who Want A Fixer Delorean In The Lower Price Range....Here You Go!! $17K

While browsing CL, I stumbled across this D. It was only posted a few hours ago, so if you want it, I suggest you move fast! Looks decent and it's a 5 speed. The owner seems a bit confused as he mentions in the ad that it's an automatic, but says his uncle worked on the clutch, and also lists as an automatic in the Craigslist option list. From the pictures you can obviously see that it's a 5 speed. Definitely worth taking a look at if someone is shopping on the lower end of the price range. Sounds like it's been in the same family since new which is a plus. He's asking $17K. I have no affiliation. Good luck!

LINK TO AD: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/5164479109.html

DeLorean - $17000 (half moon bay)

VIN: SCEDT26T6BD006277
    fuel: gas
    odometer: 10000
    title status: clean
    transmission: automatic

This is a '81 DeLorean which my uncle bought brand new in 1981. It has been covered up sitting for many years and does run if you feed it gas, but we are in the process of fixing the fuel pump. My uncle started working on the clutch and never finished so it won't drive. However, the car never had a engine problem. It is an automatic. The odometer reads much less than 10,000, but 10,000 is the actual mileage. Have the title in hand. This car is quite the unique ride, so if you'd like to see it or have questions please give my dad Kevin a call at
    show contact info
    or myself at
    show contact info
    my name is David. Also I get poor reception where I live so just leave me a voicemail if I don't answer. Cheers, David

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by bxtech View Post
    While browsing CL, I stumbled across this D. It was only posted a few hours ago, so if you want it, I suggest you move fast! Looks decent and it's a 5 speed. The owner seems a bit confused as he mentions in the ad that it's an automatic, but says his uncle worked on the clutch, and also lists as an automatic in the Craigslist option list. From the pictures you can obviously see that it's a 5 speed. Definitely worth taking a look at if someone is shopping on the lower end of the price range. Sounds like it's been in the same family since new which is a plus. He's asking $17K. I have no affiliation. Good luck!

LINK TO AD: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/5164479109.html

DeLorean - $17000 (half moon bay)

VIN: SCEDT26T6BD006277
    fuel: gas
    odometer: 10000
    title status: clean
    transmission: automatic

This is a '81 DeLorean which my uncle bought brand new in 1981. It has been covered up sitting for many years and does run if you feed it gas, but we are in the process of fixing the fuel pump. My uncle started working on the clutch and never finished so it won't drive. However, the car never had a engine problem. It is an automatic. The odometer reads much less than 10,000, but 10,000 is the actual mileage. Have the title in hand. This car is quite the unique ride, so if you'd like to see it or have questions please give my dad Kevin a call at
    show contact info
    or myself at
    show contact info
    my name is David. Also I get poor reception where I live so just leave me a voicemail if I don't answer. Cheers, David
    Uhhhh.... wut?

My VIN:    06357

Pictures shows a manual !

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Warning! Warning, Will Robinson!

car was previously advertised from the same seller at $35k

Back then, the car didn't run at all and the owner claimed an electrical problem. He was also waiting for the title.

So some progress has been made, resulting in a 50% price drop.

It is probably a genuine ad, from a motivated seller, but as always, buyer beware.

(as the OP is not the actual seller of the car, this is not really a "for sale" thread; this is really a discussion thread and as such, we can discuss)
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    Uhhhh.... wut?
    That was my reaction too.

Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

My VIN:    3452

Am I crazy or on one pic Louvre, and on the other one with the engine bay no louvre ?

My VIN:    01955

Somewhere in Africa where David is with poor reception African-Internet-cafe.jpg