FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Digital Door Lock Control Unit

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by davidc89 View Post
    I....I am really wondering about is what is the advantage of the digital module over the standard. From what I read it has a diagnostic system on it, I just am looking for a bit more clarification on that.
    Diagnostics? There are some LEDs on the side of the box that flash when locking or unlocking.

There are valet, parking light flash, dome light, horn features, etc. but I did not bother with any of that.

The DMCH-supplied instructions get you to the point where it does what the OE module does except better, as noted already. It's a 5 minute install at that level.

You could call them if you want to verify or get details.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Diagnostics? There are some LEDs on the side of the box that flash when locking or unlocking.

There are valet, parking light flash, dome light, horn features, etc. but I did not bother with any of that.

The DMCH-supplied instructions get you to the point where it does what the OE module does except better, as noted already. You could call them if you want to verify or get details.
    The diagnostics are the flashing LEDs, if one of the doors fails to respond properly to a "lock" command, the unit will unlock both doors and flash an LED to indicate which door failed.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2