FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I'm Back

My VIN:    10644

I'm Back

Hi gang. My name is Christian Williams and I owned #3452 between 2000 and 2005. I used my car as a daily driver, sunk a ton of money into it, but could never get it really right. Well, 10 years have passed and I'm looking to buy a DeLorean as a weekend car. I'll keep an eye on the For Sale board. Are there any other good places to look for DeLoreans aside from the mainstream used car channels? I'd really prefer to buy a car from someone who has taken great care of theirs, so if you think you might want to sell yours, please let me know.

Thanks for keeping the club running over the past 10 years.

My VIN:    6125

Hey Christian, hopefully DMC ownership will be more enjoyable and kinder to your wallet the second time around. :-)

There are a few cars for sale here on the board and you could also try DMCToday.com. I also occasionally classiccars.com aside from the other basic online car websites. They list cars from a variety of other specialty automotive websites.

http://classiccars.com/listings/find...elorean/dmc-12

There's always ebay too, but your chances of finding an enthusiast owned car seem to be slightly less there.

You could also create a "Want to buy" post in the for sale section here with more details about the specific car you're looking for: List interior color, transmission, early/late VIN, hood style, Stage II engine, lowered suspension, or any other details that matter to you.

Good luck with your search! I bought my car in 2007 and spent around 6 months seriously looking before I found the right car. It was actually a listing here on DMCTalk that caught my attention.

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Welcome back to the DeLorean World

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Welcome back to the club! We have a great and active community in Nor Cal - don't hesitate to reach out if you need someone to take a look at a car for you, or with you, or just want some friends to drive around with.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

I bought #10644 today! It's a really nicely cared for 1982 5 speed gray with a Stage II engine. I'll see you soon.

My VIN:    10350 & 2083 SEARCHING FOR VIN#16664

Club(s):   (DMCNE)

Quote Originally Posted by BladeBronson View Post
    I bought #10644 today! It's a really nicely cared for 1982 5 speed gray with a Stage II engine. I'll see you soon.
    Congrats on your new baby!

Show us some photos of the "goods!"
    ---------------------------------
    SEARCHING FOR VIN #16664
    ---------------------------------

I'm awaiting delivery of my new DeLorean with a black side stripe. It's likely to arrive in California on October 21, 2015, as told by Back to the Future. As you might imagine, it's all that I'm thinking about these days. Just to tease me even more, while walking to work this morning I saw a DeLorean with a black side stripe drive down Van Ness in San Francisco!! Arghhh!!!

Here's mine being loaded in Pennsylvania:

IMG_4587.jpg

Looking good, what its VIN?

It is #10644 and I found it right here on dmctalk. It pays to post a wanted ad, it would seem. It's an '82 (December '81 build), 5 speed, gray, and had a Stage II done in 2006. I'm the 3rd owner and the car comes with some interesting paperwork.

It has the original window sticker which is still adhered to the paper that it was printed on. In fact, the holes are still on the edges of the paper from when it was fed through the printer.

It was first sold in the 1983 Consolidated International auction and I'll have that original paperwork too.

Great! Can't wait to see more pictures

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast