FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1983 Delorean w/2990 miles for $40,000

My VIN:    10350 & 2083 SEARCHING FOR VIN#16664

Club(s):   (DMCNE)

1983 Delorean w/2990 miles for $40,000

What do you think about this car?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DeLorean-DMC...m=181832928199

Assuming it is all original what do people think it is worth?

eBay item #181832928199
    ---------------------------------
    SEARCHING FOR VIN #16664

My VIN:    5312

Saw it and laughed a little

My VIN:    1121

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Saw it and cried a little.

My VIN:    1150

Club(s):   (DCF)

That one again? General consensus I've heard seemed to be that it's been in "storage" so long under what appears to be "less than ideal conditions" that it's likely to be a money pit to actually get up & running well :-(

Buy mine, it's already a good runner that you can drive anywhere today, for nearly $10,000 less than he's asking. Yeah, I've got 36,000 miles on her, but that's actually a GOOD thing, as they've all been put on to car that's been on the road and well cared for through all those miles. If you're seriously looking to buy a DeLorean, and want to drive it instead of spending untold time & money to eventually hope it will one day be able to move without a trailer, then drop me a message and we'll talk ;-)

By the way, here's a direct link to the "For Sale" thread for my car, as listed elsewhere on this forum: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?11...-Media-History

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

My dad and I bought this car new, drove it back from Columbus Ohio and stored it in an aluminum container with a wooden floor. My dad passed away in 2004. It has been there all this time. It does not run. It will need a new fuel pump ( one comes with the car ) and everything checked out like brakes etc. It's all original. This car was bought through the dealership and never registered. It has the original certificate of origin, original floor mats, original car cover, still in the original bag. Whoever registers this car, will technically be the first owner. I don't think there are many left with this history. My name is Dickie and my number is: 508 994-9206. I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.
    Ok 2 questions... How did they buy the car in Columbus Ohio, drive it to Massachusetts, and put almost 3,000 miles on it without ever registering the car?

Secondly "everything checked out"??? How does everything check out. The car doesn't run and hasn't in over 30 years!! How do you even begin to check everything out when nothing works?? Literally "NOTHING checks out". The only checking out that can be done here is checking the presence of things: "Door - Check; Wheels - Check, Interior - eh.... check??"

Crazy...
    Last edited by Nicholas R; 08-20-2015 at 12:19 AM.

My VIN:    16306

Original thread on it.

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?27...orean-for-sale

3 years ago it supposedly had 1600 miles on it and was going for $31,500, which no one bought it for.

Now an additional 1400 miles have been put on it and it's worth $8,500 more. For a car that doesn't run, that is impressive.

My VIN:    5302

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    Secondly "everything checked out"??? How does everything check out. The car doesn't run and hasn't in over 30 years!! How do you even begin to check everything out when nothing works?? Literally "NOTHING checks out". The only checking out that can be done here is checking the presence of things: "Door - Check; Wheels - Check, Interior - eh.... check??"

Crazy...

The way they wrote the sentence wasn't the clearest. But I'm fairly certain this is what they meant:

"It will need a new fuel pump ( one comes with the car ) and [it will need] everything checked out like brakes etc. It's all original."
    Last edited by DL4567; 08-20-2015 at 04:04 AM.
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Im new to the world of owning a Delorean...but I've learned the words 'all original' mean 'needs replaced'

I saw this ad on ebay...and yeah wondered about how it was driven without ever being registered.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    10350 & 2083 SEARCHING FOR VIN#16664

Club(s):   (DMCNE)

Quote Originally Posted by ? ? ? ? View Post
    Original thread on it.

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?27...orean-for-sale

3 years ago it supposedly had 1600 miles on it and was going for $31,500, which no one bought it for.

Now an additional 1400 miles have been put on it and it's worth $8,500 more. For a car that doesn't run, that is impressive.
    Now that is a very interesting point. Assuming he did go on a "quest" from Ohio to Massachusetts he must have stopped at "Wally's World" on the way back as the Ohio to MA trip is only 750 miles and he has double that based on the 1,600 miles and quadruple that based on the 2,990 miles.

Even though it has an inconsistent history, a friend of mine who saw the car years ago said it does appear to be original. With all the facts we know I don't see that as a $40,000 car. May a $15,000 one but I'm just curious what others though it was worth.

PS - easy question, who can name my 80's movie reference? Sorry, I'm a sucker for the 80's flicks!
    Last edited by Ras12; 08-20-2015 at 06:09 AM.
    SEARCHING FOR VIN #16664

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Yeah, If I hadnt just bought my fixer-upper, I prolly woulda offered him 12-15 for it. But Im happy (will be happier when dmv finally accepts what the bill o sale says for price, and lets me license it).

hmm...wally world..thats too easy....here's one 'i been to another planet, ma'
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast