FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Goodbye Red - VIN 10499

My VIN:    10499

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    The problem is not the channel, it's the moving window aka drop glass. You either need to adjust the tracks (if you are lucky) or unglue the glass from the metal carrier and glue it back in position centered correctly. For some reason the glass migrates back over time, and there isn't enough room in the track adjustments to compensate.
    Damn I was hoping that wasn't the case, they do go up properly with the old run channels. The drivers side has a newer style regulator and the passenger side is original. Both end up with just a very small gap. I suppose the old channels are worn in just the right places it closes properly.

My VIN:    6248

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    I have a garage...but because we couldnt maneuver the trailer enough to get it in front, had to drop the car in the driveway...I tried pushing it, but its a fairly heavy car, specially on a slight hill..lol. I suggest getting a popup you can work under.

Lights look good.
    Please make sure these lights are properly aimed. The reason most car lights are warm (yellowish) is because DOT did a lot of research and found that was the safest color to use as far as human night vision goes. Lights like these can be particularly blinding to other drivers if they aren't aimed properly. Rule of thumb is they shouldn't shine over the bumper of a car that's stopped in front of you.

My VIN:    10499

They are projectors so that isn't much of a concern as long as they are aimed, also being that the delorean is as low as it is you'd have to be wildly out of aim to shine in the cabin of an oncoming vehicle. Like in no way straight in the housing but pointing upwards at a tilt. Haha. That being said mine are aimed perfectly and have a nice sharp cutoff. They are also DOT approved and much like the designs being retrofitted into city busses in fire trucks with old sealed 4x6 bulbs. My high beams are high power LED bulbs in a reflector housing which would be harsh on other drivers, sure. As would any high beam. The chances I will use them are pretty slim as well as I don't typically drive at night and if I do it's in the city where my low beams are more than enough.

The people that throw HID kits or LED bulbs into a reflector housing are what you need to watch out for and are notoriously bad. This blasts light out in an explosion of light that cannot be contained and is glaring and obtrusive to other drivers at about any angle. Many people give no thought to it beyond "I want my lights to look cool and bright and blue like a fancy car" Not knowing that a factory HID system operates at 4300k a bright useable white light that has the most lumen output and offers the best light for seeing at night. (Not yellow light, although a lower temperature yellow light around 3000k does make for good visibility in adverse conditions) and what makes the different shade of blues and purples you see when a high end car with factory HID projectors is coming at you is only the way the light is being reflected from the projector designed for HID light.

I could go on, but you get the idea.

My VIN:    6248

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by MNT250 View Post
    I could go on, but you get the idea.
    Totally. Thanks for being thoughtful and responsible about it.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9