FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: DCS 2016 Host Hotel Registration is OPEN

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

DCS 2016 Host Hotel Registration is OPEN

DCS 2016 is now 11 months away. It's time to Hotel Register for DCS 2016.

DCS 2016 Host Hotel Registration is now OPEN for the President Abraham Lincoln Hotel
    in Springfield, IL. The PAL Hotel is attached to Prairie Capital Convention Center,
    so if next July is like this July (humid and temps in the upper 90's), you will be
    very happy that both you and your DeLorean can stay in the air conditioning during
    the entire event, with an air conditioned walk-way between the two facilities.

As mentioned earlier, the President Abraham Lincoln Hotel is a Double Tree Hotel that
    is managed by Hilton, so if you are a Hilton Rewards customer, your visit is a win win.
    The negotiated DCS 2016 event price is $99 per night, with up to 4 people per room.
    Larger suites are available, but they were not included in the negotiated prices.
    Please use the following link to make your hotel reservation for DCS 2016:

The actual DCS 2016 event days are Thursday, July 21 through Sunday, July 24, 2016, but
    feel free to take advantage of the group rate for a few days before and after the event.

http://doubletree.hilton.com/en/dt/g...19/index.jhtml

If you attempt to register through the regular hotel registration process, you will be
    informed that the hotel is fully booked, so use the DCS 2016 group page to register.
    If you need to make your hotel registration by phone, we should have some additional
    details available soon, but at this time, the call-in group code has not been confirmed.

Of course, it lists the 2016 DeLorean Car Show and Convention, which is a carry-over from the
    Ken K. shows that were in the Hilton system (instead of 2016 DeLorean Convention and Show),
    but, rest assured, the hotel registrations will be made correctly for DCS 2016. If we do
    exceed our current room allocation, we may be able to add more rooms to our group, but we
    need to "sell out" our current allocation first (and quickly) to get more rooms assigned.

More details to follow soon.

Thanks,

DCS 2016 Planning Team

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

My VIN:    17106

Club(s):   (DOA) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

FYI ... Hilton Reservation said there was only 4 rooms left when I made reservation last week.

My VIN:    05457

I'm planning on booking Thurs-Sat night assuming Thursday morning is going to be registration and Sunday is goodbyes and departures. Is that accurate? I want to be sure I'm not missing any main content.
    David Proehl

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    I'm planning on booking Thurs-Sat night assuming Thursday morning is going to be registration and Sunday is goodbyes and departures. Is that accurate? I want to be sure I'm not missing any main content.
    David and others,

Although not all of the details have been sorted out yet, we will follow a similar format to previous DCS activities.
    In most cases, booking Thursday through Saturday evenings (inclusive) should be sufficient for most attendees.

However, there will be an earlier start on Thursday than with past DCS events. Vendor sales will be available on
    Thursday, Friday and Saturday afternoons, and the vendors may be available during some morning hours as well.

Since all DeLoreans will have the opportunity to park indoors at the PCCC for the duration of the DCS event, some
    folks may elect to do the driving tour around Springfield, IL on Sunday, more or less just before they head home.

With the early start on Thursday, we encourage the vendors to arrive on Wednesday (and book Wednesday night).

Thanks

DCS 2016 Planning Team
    Last edited by Rich W; 08-31-2015 at 01:50 PM. Reason: fixed type-o (as usual)

My VIN:    05457

Thank you! Hotel booked!
    David Proehl

Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelDream View Post
    FYI ... Hilton Reservation said there was only 4 rooms left when I made reservation last week.
    Looks like someone left out a "1" in front of the 4 and a "0" after the 4.
    (unless "everyone" registered for the hotel, there are plenty of rooms)

Make sure you are using the DCS 2016 Link to Register for the PAL Hotel.

Easy (tiny) Link provided below:

http://tinyurl.com/DCS2016-Hotel-Register

My VIN:    17106

Club(s):   (DOA) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    Looks like someone left out a "1" in front of the 4 and a "0" after the 4.
    (unless "everyone" registered for the hotel, there are plenty of rooms)

Make sure you are using the DCS 2016 Link to Register for the PAL Hotel.

Easy (tiny) Link provided below:

http://tinyurl.com/DCS2016-Hotel-Register
    You may want to double check that Hilton has it right; I was trying to get a King room and there was none available via the website so I phoned; that's when the representative told me there were only 4 doubles even left; at least for the full 19-25 stay
    Last edited by StainlessSteelDream; 09-01-2015 at 02:08 PM.

My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

I tried booking from the 19th, no king rooms avail. from Rich's link unless I wanted the suite. Had to reserve the double double.
    One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

In a Production Audit this week, but will place a call to our event representative
    at the PAL Hotel today, to see if they can straighten out this registration issue.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast