FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: DCS 2016 Host Hotel Registration is OPEN

My VIN:    10722

Just booked my room! It will be a grueling 90 minute drive from my house to the event... ;o)

Andy

My VIN:    01495

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

We just booked our room, looking forward to the event.

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Thanks to everyone who has already hotel registered ... things have been going much smoother with the bookings lately (knock on wood).
    When I get a few free moments (there has not been many lately), I will post stats on which states and countries will be attending (so far).

Testing and finalizing the Event Registration is a little behind schedule (Tony's kids were off school Monday, so he is at least a day behind).
    Our target was to have Event Registration up and online today (six months from the start of DCS) and that may still happen by later today.
    If not up by later today, it should be up by the weekend, if we do not run into any major issues. I have not had any time to help test so far.
    I plan to post to this thread when it is ready, then start another Event Registration thread, so we can keep the comments and Q&A on topic.

Thanks,
    Rich W.

DCS 2016 Planning Team

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Although we did not have 'major' problems, issues were significant enough to require some substantial changes for Event Registration.
    We had hoped to use the same Merchant Services as the Raffle Car purchases, but the way we wanted to do it, we were unsuccessful.

However, the good news is the "Shopping Cart" architecture we are doing the re-design with now, will work with the discount options,
    and there will be several discount options, such as early registration discount, "full convention" discount (purchasing all three dinners)
    and possible additional discount options, depending upon how the options are re-adjusted with the "Shopping Cart" architecture.
    Some additional good news (for many of you) is there will be a PayPal payment option for the Event Registration.

Unfortunately, after we decided to do the switch to the "Shopping Cart" architecture, I found out a water pipe broke at my sister's place
    and she had 3 feet of water in the basement, so the rest of my weekend was spent pumping out water instead of helping finalize details
    in the "Shopping Cart" architecture and testing, so we will do our best to try to get the Event Registration up and online before Jan. 28.
    (Tony will be at an out of town convention next weekend, so either it will be up by Jan. 28 or after Feb. 1, hopefully sooner than later)

Thanks,

DCS 2016 Planning Team

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Finally got around to booking my room. Now just gotta get VINs 5000 and 16128 put back together and ready for the show!

My VIN:    02766

Got my room booked and I am in the same boat... I've got to get 02766 put back together.
    Living the Dream... on sunny days and weekends

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Quote Originally Posted by Iznodmad View Post
    Finally got around to booking my room. Now just gotta get VINs 5000 and 16128 put back together and ready for the show!
    Correction: I need to work faster.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

If I can get mine completed by then, I may try to hit it.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    17106

Club(s):   (DOA) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

So is DCS 2016 still a go? Getting late for people to commit to booking vacation time. Most of our local owners have already dropped plans to go.

Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelDream View Post
    So is DCS 2016 still a go? Getting late for people to commit to booking vacation time. Most of our local owners have already dropped plans to go.
    Yes, DCS 2016 is still a go. I know there have been a lot of inquiries into Event Registration and all I can do is re-state what has already been stated.

Dates and Location for DCS 2016 have been posted since last July (and will not change) and Host Hotel registration has been open for over 6 months.
    July 21 through July 24, 2016, at the Prairie Capital Convention Center (PCCC) and the President Abraham Lincoln Hotel (PAL Hotel) in Springfield, IL.

Yes, there was some doubt (about a year ago) if DCS 2016 would happen or not, but a lot has changed in a year, although the transition was not easy.

As DCS 2016 was about to fall to the way-side, Tony Swann, myself and members of the DMC Midwest Club stepped in to prevent that from happening.
    Please keep in mind that we stepped in when everything was already behind by 18 months (in the "normal" DCS planning time-line) and the New DCS
    Planning Team did a great job of getting the event back on track and making up most of the "lost" 18 months in record time (in their own spare time).
    With so much "early success" with playing catch-up last year, we were bound to encounter a few glitches, as the "New DCS" is still a work in progress.

There was no DCS Funding "transfer" so the Team had to quickly creating a DCS Funding Plan and execute it, in time to get the location "locked in" with
    a significant payment to secure the Event Location, with only 1/3 of the planned funding complete. Again, a difficult task the team pulled off "in time".
    There has been a significant amount (read this as tens of thousands of dollars) "loaned" to DCS to complete some of the other "tasks in progress", so
    this should not be over-looked or under-stated, besides the hundreds of hours already spent on DCS 2016 planning by the entire DCS Planning Team.

The DCS 2016 Location was selected and finalized less than 8 months ago (with deposit paid). The DCS 2016 Host Hotel was selected and finalized just
    over 6 months ago and the Hotel Registration has been open and going well for nearly half a year (along with its own few glitches, worked out, early on).

There are several returning VIP Guests that have confirmed, including former DMC Executive Nick Sutton and a few of the POGs from the QACs in the US,
    as well as Bob Gale on the Back to the Future side of the event. Other VIPs have been invited, but have yet to confirm, so the list is very "fluid" right now.

Steve Concotelli will be presenting OUTATIME: Restoring the DeLorean Time Machine "Full Documentary", complete with a review Q&A session afterward.
    Members of the DeLorean Time Machine Restoration Team will be on hand after the screening, but we do not have a complete list of attendees at this time.

As for the Schedule of DCS Event Activities, a tentative has been posted elsewhere (over a month ago) and I may re-post it here again, below this post.
    There has never been a detailed advanced list of DCS Event Activities posted nearly 6 months in advance of DCS (to help attendees plan their activities),
    but apparently this has been over-looked by more than a few people, during their event planning. We hoped attendees would find these details helpful.
    There has already been quite a bit of effort put into DCS, and the few glitches and few delays should be a "small price to pay" for those attending DCS.

Please remember this is an all Volunteer Effort that was taken on in a very compressed time-frame, and growing pains with a new team are to be expected.

There are many reasons for the recent delays, but without going into too many personal details, basically, life happens. Out of town business trips, family
    activities, family responsibilities and work commitments (in general) have taken time away from the DCS 2016 Volunteer Effort (to be expected). This list
    of reasons impacts the entire DCS Planning Team, to various degrees ... sometimes at different times ... sometimes all at the same time. Please keep this
    in mind when considering whether or not to attend DCS 2016. DCS 2016 will happen July 21 through July 24 ... just hang in there for Event Registration.

While I do not have any direct responsibility for the online Event Registration programming, I do know the team is working on it, when they are available,
    which has not been much in the last month. Sorry for the delays, but our volunteers will have the Event Registration up and running as soon as they can.

BTW: The Team has recently finalized the list of locations on Both of the Driving Tours and the Walking Tour. "Beta Runs" are expected later this Spring.

Thanks,

DCS 2016 Planning Team
    Last edited by Rich W; 03-01-2016 at 04:42 PM. Reason: fixed type-o's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast