FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DeLoreans Signed by JZD

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

VIN 10006 owned by Gt Avellon, is autographed.

Also has the Island twin turbo kit.

Sorry don't have a pic of the signature, but here is the car.
    Attached Images

My VIN:    16377

John DeLorean signed the underside of the glove box for VIN# 1852. That was the car I had back in 2000. I brought the glovebox door with me to Cleveland since I was in the middle of a frame-off restoration at the time.

Thanks.

-Nick Pitello

My VIN:    10644

It's hard to remember exactly when this happened, but I would say early 2005, just a couple months before we lost John DeLorean. I took #3452 in for service at DMC Garden Grove and the plan was to leave the car at the shop and pick it up 2 weeks later. As I was leaving, Don Steger told me that it was too bad that I wouldn't be in town the following weekend because John DeLorean was going to be coming by the shop! I nearly changed my plans to bump into him, but decided against it. Instead, I wrote a very nice letter to John, sent it to Don along with a silver marker and a request for a signature on my car. When I picked up my car, John's signature was on the underside of my glove compartment lid. When I sold my car later that year, the last part I purchased for it was a replacement glove box lid. I still have the one that John signed for me and plan to attach it to the next DeLorean that I buy.

My VIN:    4941

Quote Originally Posted by BladeBronson View Post
    It's hard to remember exactly when this happened, but I would say early 2005, just a couple months before we lost John DeLorean. I took #3452 in for service at DMC Garden Grove and the plan was to leave the car at the shop and pick it up 2 weeks later. As I was leaving, Don Steger told me that it was too bad that I wouldn't be in town the following weekend because John DeLorean was going to be coming by the shop! I nearly changed my plans to bump into him, but decided against it. Instead, I wrote a very nice letter to John, sent it to Don along with a silver marker and a request for a signature on my car. When I picked up my car, John's signature was on the underside of my glove compartment lid. When I sold my car later that year, the last part I purchased for it was a replacement glove box lid. I still have the one that John signed for me and plan to attach it to the next DeLorean that I buy.
    If you ever decide to sell it...Look no further!

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

The "Green Machine has an autographed G.B.D. that was hand delivered to John by his daughter Katherine. I've told this story somewhere on Talk before so you could probably find it if you have an interest. Mine was the very last signature he gave at the close of the "Millenium" show in Cleaveland.
    Rob

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by cpistocco View Post
    If you ever decide to sell it...Look no further!
    I'm sure you could get some money for it. That would be a cool thing to have placed in my Delorean
    FB Page: #ProjectDelorean https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph
    Twitter: @projdelorean

"Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

Quote Originally Posted by PJ Grady Inc. View Post
    The "Green Machine has an autographed G.B.D. that was hand delivered to John by his daughter Katherine. I've told this story somewhere on Talk before so you could probably find it if you have an interest. Mine was the very last signature he gave at the close of the "Millenium" show in Cleaveland.
    Rob
    Hey Rob,

Somehow I missed that. What VIN is the "Green Machine"? I'd like to add it to our list of signed cars.

Thanks,
    Thomas

Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Vin?

Quote Originally Posted by citizen View Post
    Hey Rob,

Somehow I missed that. What VIN is the "Green Machine"? I'd like to add it to our list of signed cars.

Thanks,
    Thomas

I just noticed this post. For the record it's #005058.
    Rob

My VIN:    4626

Quote Originally Posted by citizen View Post
    Some know, I like to track statistics about our cars. Everything from painted cars, to engine conversions, to 100k mile cars, RHD, custom mods, etc. See my statistics page Here.

Now I’m wondering how many cars have been signed by John DeLorean himself. If you have, or know of a VIN that has been signed by JZD, would you post it here?

Signed usually means on the dash, or visor, or engine cover, but really could be anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

Thomas

I don't have a signed delorean but noticed mine is not on the list. How do I get it added?

My VIN:    10644

For completeness, #3452 is no longer signed (I took the glove box lid off of it before selling the car). When I purchased #10644, I added the signed glove box lid to it. In order to make the leather match the dashboard, I separated the top and bottom portions of both glove box lids and paired the leather top from #10644 with the autographed metal bottom of #3452.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast