FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Mod for the throttle body intake

My VIN:    4018

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I've been driving with the spacer plate in my car for a while now. I'd say that my car is pretty quick. It seems to really pull strong above 3 grand. Like mentioned earlier in this thread, it's the cumulative benefit of several parts that really make a difference. Like the cold air intake tube, high flow filter, better exhaust, etc.... Basically our engines are like air pumps and anything to improve air flow will help. I know I am pitching my own product here, but I have spent thousands of dollars on my car just because it's a hobby. I love getting things to improve or enhance the car. Stuff I would not spend on my wife's mini van or my truck. Its just part of the joy of Delorean ownership.

Well that might be a bit strong I have cursed my car several times. Maybe not a woo hoo joy but more like "oh joy"

Gary

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Hey Gary, i was refered by you by several others and if you have any, i'd like to purchase a throttle spacer. Anything to help the PRV would be great! I have the cold air intake and filter, bigger Stainless air box from Special T, DPI and Spec1 without cats. I bet it definitely will pull harder above 3000 RPM has more airflow getting sucked in will definitely make it accelerate a lot harder. Definitely looks like quality craftsmanship and it looks like a hell of a difference compared to the rubber spacer in between.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    Hey Gary, i was refered by you by several others and if you have any, i'd like to purchase a throttle spacer. Anything to help the PRV would be great! I have the cold air intake and filter, bigger Stainless air box from Special T, DPI and Spec1 without cats. I bet it definitely will pull harder above 3000 RPM has more airflow getting sucked in will definitely make it accelerate a lot harder. Definitely looks like quality craftsmanship and it looks like a hell of a difference compared to the rubber spacer in between.

Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Guess he isn't on here anymore?

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    Guess he isn't on here anymore?

If you didn't get a pm from me, send me one. Not sure if it went thru

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    4018

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Still here

Life has been crazy. I have one left I can send you. Actually I think I have two or three prototypes and the one finished product remaining. I don't think I have any hardware for them (screws and washers). Shoot me a message if still interested.

Gary
    Last edited by Gary; 10-24-2016 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Life has been crazy. I have one left I can send you. Actually I think I have two or three prototypes and the one finished product remaining. I don't think I have any hardware for them (screws and washers). Shoot me a message if still interested.

Gary
    Sounds good Gary. I sent another message but not sure if you got it. I want one. What kind of gains have you seen?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3