FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SpecialTAuto Clutch Bleeder Line

Banned

Bought this item based on reading this thread. This is how it came. DSCF0103.jpg

Does anyone know how I'm supposed to bleed it like this? It seems like there's no way to attach a piece of tubing to it.

Cool

I Just installed this today. You need a 12" long 1/4" extention for a deep socket 8mm to get the old plug out. Then just get the right angle when you put the new extender bleeder on. Twist it in and use a 3/8" short wrench and put about a half turn to snug it up. That was the hardest part. only took about 15 min to install. Then the rest was easy. The new bleeder is closed at full top and full bottom of the pitcock valve. Have a friend help with the cluch end. I just used a dispoable plastic container to bleed into. Just bent it into the container, very easy......Great idea.... Now the whole job only takes 5 min.

My VIN:    16409

Quote Originally Posted by justlooking View Post
    Bought this item based on reading this thread.

Does anyone know how I'm supposed to bleed it like this? It seems like there's no way to attach a piece of tubing to it.
    Call Hervey and tell him the item arrived damaged or not as advertised. It should not be like that. It should look like the picture I posted on the first post of this thread. Let Hervey know what the problem is, he is sure to help out.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

its not damaged, that's the way mine came too...

He has changed the design from what is pictured...

My VIN:    16409

Quote Originally Posted by TTait View Post
    its not damaged, that's the way mine came too...

He has changed the design from what is pictured...
    They how do you hook a hose up to it? Does the hose fit inside the bleeder rather than over the top of it?
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

My VIN:    6600

I had one I fitted it fine but it leaked :-( binned it as warranty from him in aus is crap :-/ and its not that bad to bleed up when ness :-)

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by congerz83 View Post
    I used Hervey's pressure bleeder on my brakes. It's amazing! I think the attacment fits the clutch master. Between the line and the pressure bleeder, you'd have a quick and efficient bleed.
    I made one just like it with a Bug Sprayer, a Tire Pressure Gauge, 1 Barbed Fitting, a brass T-fitting, some Instant Gasket, and a Spare Brake MC cap. It works great! The way I set it up it also automatically tops-off the reservoir too.

If you're going to bleed the clutch lines, you can pickup a spare Clutch Reservoir Cap, some RTV, and you're all set to pressure bleed it out too.

My VIN:    6239 - November 81

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Thumbs up

Installed with the manifold off the car. Used only the lower nut to install. Used teflon tape. Made sure valve was loose off the car before installing. Leaked like a sieve at the lower hose connection when tested. Didn't leak at the cylinder - leaked at the brass lower hose connection to the installation nut.

Defective. Don't recommend.
    With DeLoreans, real knowledge comes only with experience.

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by rundmc View Post
    Installed with the manifold off the car. Used only the lower nut to install. Used teflon tape. Made sure valve was loose off the car before installing. Leaked like a sieve at the lower hose connection when tested. Didn't leak at the cylinder - leaked at the brass lower hose connection to the installation nut.

Defective. Don't recommend.
    Mine is working fine and installation was a breeze. I don't understand how you can say a piece of hose and a few brass connectors are defective. Have you talked to Hervey about it?

Edit: Ooops, I thought you were talking about the coolant auto bleeder. Obviously this thread is about something else. I guess I just have coolant on my mind today. Anyway, have you talked to Hervey about it?
    Last edited by stevedmc; 03-04-2012 at 12:46 PM.

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

I installed mine a couple weekends ago and it went very smooth as well. I did notice that the bleed screw in the slave cylinder goes in at a bit of an odd angle, so you may have cross-threaded the fitting on the bleeder line when installing it? I also needed three wraps of teflon tape to make a good seal in the cylinder. But after that it's dry and well sealed and made bleeding the clutch a breeze.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast