FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: SpecialTAuto Clutch Bleeder Line

My VIN:    16409

Update

My bleeder seems to have an air leak around the area indicated in the photo. As far as I understand the construction of the bleeder, it shouldn't swivel at this connection. Mine does, so I think air is getting into the system. I've put the original bleed screw in, and am now testing to see if the Hervey Bleeder really is the issue. My slave may also be bad. It's only a couple years old though.
    Attached Images
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

I received my clutch bleeder line today. It looks like he soldered or welded the nut at the end that screws into the slave cylinder and pre-teflon-taped the threads to eliminate the chances of leaking. Looks solid to me, I'll report in a few months the results.

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

I installed this on my car a few months ago, the bottom part was also welded and pre-teflon taped. Makes bleeding the clutch easy as pie. No leaks or issues- zero complaints with this part. I also removed the intake manifold to install it. I didn't want to struggle or risk cross threading it, and I think it probably would have taken at least as long to install with the manifold on as it did to remove/install the manifold instead.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

Purely for the sake of interest, check out the original remote bleeder on the Renault turbo PRVs.

bleeder.jpg
    Martin Gutkowski
    -------------
    Very part time DeLoreaner...

My VIN:    10588

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DCUK Martin View Post
    Purely for the sake of interest, check out the original remote bleeder on the Renault turbo PRVs.

bleeder.jpg
    This is AWESOME. Brilliant addition!
    -Luigi-
    Thank you ALL for your patience and your tremendous help!

1982 VIN#10588 Build Date Dec '81

Young Padawan With The DeLorean kings1527's Avatar

My VIN:    6575

Has anyone had issues with the thread-type on his bleeder line? I tried to install mine yesterday and it was impossible. It was to the point where after attempting to get it in there, I looked at the threads of the bleeder line and it looked like it was starting to damage them. I tried several different angles, too, to see if maybe I was cross-threading. I know Hervey's stuff has had compatibility issues sometimes.

Plus, does anyone know of an adapter for the clutch reservoir so you can hook up a power bleeder?

Thanks!

Alex Abdalla

Late 1981, Grey 5-speed, 75k miles. Built 11/11/81

A stock-look with modern, reliable technology.

A full restoration with step-by-step "what I did" is in progress at www.delorean6575revisited.blogspot.com

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by kings1527 View Post
    Plus, does anyone know of an adapter for the clutch reservoir so you can hook up a power bleeder?

Thanks!
    I made one with some simple parts purchased from the hardware store. I took a rubber stopper, drilled a hole thru the center, inserted a barb fitting from the bottom side and then hooked up my hose from the pressure bleeder to the barb protruding up through the top.

I can't find a picture of it, but it ended up similar to this:
    http://www.humboldtmfg.com/rubber_stopper.html

Young Padawan With The DeLorean kings1527's Avatar

My VIN:    6575

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    I made one with some simple parts purchased from the hardware store. I took a rubber stopper, drilled a hole thru the center, inserted a barb fitting from the bottom side and then hooked up my hose from the pressure bleeder to the barb protruding up through the top.

I can't find a picture of it, but it ended up similar to this:
    http://www.humboldtmfg.com/rubber_stopper.html
    That's an awesome idea, Mark, and a great design. That's what I'm going to do. Thanks for that...hope all's well.

Alex Abdalla

Late 1981, Grey 5-speed, 75k miles. Built 11/11/81

A stock-look with modern, reliable technology.

A full restoration with step-by-step "what I did" is in progress at www.delorean6575revisited.blogspot.com

My VIN:    5625

Quote Originally Posted by congerz83 View Post
    I used Hervey's pressure bleeder on my brakes. It's amazing! I think the attacment fits the clutch master. Between the line and the pressure bleeder, you'd have a quick and efficient bleed.
    So does that power bleeder come with the attachments for the master cylinder and clutch master fill tank? Also, does the power bleeder remove all fluid from brakes and clutch, or just remove the air? How does that really work. I'm a little confused about what it does and how it works.
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Trstno1 View Post
    So does that power bleeder come with the attachments for the master cylinder and clutch master fill tank? Also, does the power bleeder remove all fluid from brakes and clutch, or just remove the air? How does that really work. I'm a little confused about what it does and how it works.
    A power bleeder just puts air pressure on the top of the fluid tank. Then you don't need to pump the brake or clutch peddle, just open the bleed nipple. It pushes fluid in the lines which also pushes the air out of the bleeder.

A vacuum bleeder will pull the fluid and air from the bleeder nipple.

A check valve in a hose attached to the bleeder will let you do a "one man" bleed by pumping the pedal.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3