FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Another Beverley Hills Car Club find....

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by powerline84 View Post
    "Comes with a clean car fax"
    Just dont look at the right rear lol

https://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/...-12-c-9350.htm

DMC Midwest worked on that car before BHCC bought it. Frame rot, clutch slips, all kinds of issues.

Stay away!!

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Something VERY wrong with that right, rear wheel! I would never say stay away but $20,000 seems like way too much. For the right price to the right buyer every car should have a home. That said, no one should over pay for a piece of junk expecting to drive it home. BHCC is very good at finding junk, washing it and cleaning it up and asking an ambitious price. Anyone buying from them needs to do a very through inspection and decide what a car they offer is really worth. BHCC doesn't lie but they don't tell the whole truth either.
    David Teitelbaum

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

BHCC is there not to give you awesome cars for fair prices. They are in business to make money(like most of us are). They may be a bit shady but they can only do that because they are banking on the total laziness of today's millennial DeLorean consumer. Today's DeLorean buyer does not believe in searching for the right car, they do not believe in putting labor, hours and maybe even a little money to find it, rather they will post a thread here and on Facebook to the tune of "Wanted, DeLorean. Must be this and this and that interior color. Whatcha got?" In other words they can't be bothered with the diligent search, they want sellers to just line up at their front door so all they need to do is take a look and say "nahhh, too much. NEXT!" And they get away with it because they have you sellers jumping through their hoops and eating out of their hand. That's what BHCC is banking on...buyer laziness. Laziness to look harder, tightwad nature to pay for an unbiased inspection, pie in the sky restoration dream without having the first clue to the amount of effort and money it takes.(these points apply to all cars sold online) In short the only reason dealers like BHCC even exist is the saturation of lazy self absorbed people with an entitlement complex and a desire to save a buck.
    Godspeed BHCC, perhaps the only retailer to sell more DeLoreans since the licensed dealers back in 1982

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    ...buyer does not believe in searching for the right car, they do not believe in putting labor, hours and maybe even a little money to find it, rather they will post a thread here and on Facebook to the tune of "Wanted, DeLorean. Must be this and this and that interior color. Whatcha got?" In other words they can't be bothered with the diligent search, they want sellers to just line up at their front door so all they need to do is take a look and say "nahhh, too much. NEXT!"...
    100% accurate, and drives me crazy. Not just limited to Delorean buying, either.

It is a bit of a sweeping generalization to say "Todays Delorean buyer," though. You only think that because you don't see the plenty of other buyers scouring ebay, inspecting/test driving cars, comparing them, looking up their history, and actually "putting in the work" to find the right car for them.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

My VIN:    3028

That rear wheel reminds me of those Hondas that had the 4 wheel steering.
    Barry

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

Dreaded TAB breakage by the looks of things.
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

Nothing witty here lest it offend

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    lazy self absorbed people with an entitlement complex
    Michael never misses a chance to slam me publicly.

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Spittybug View Post
    Dreaded TAB breakage by the looks of things.
    That much angle I was thinking a shattered RR upright/hub. A much more expensive fault.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Whatever it is, it is so bad they can't put the correct wheel on it! A broken TAB and the wheel wouldn't stay centered. Looks like possibly a curb hit, the fender is all munched up too. In any case, as with any car being purchased from anyone, it should have a through inspection by a qualified tech. With a good inspection a buyer can then make a proper offer or decide to pass on this wonderful example of Delorean engineering. BHCC counts on a buyer getting "hot pants" and not looking too closely, not doing their "due diligence" and overpaying. They keep doing sales this way because it works for them. The rest of the car may be in OK shape, hard to tell from the pictures.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    3937

I think the frame is a little bent too, on that right side of the engine cradle. Likely did get whacked in some fender bender. And watch out for that spring... looks like she's about ready to blow!

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast