FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Another Beverley Hills Car Club find....

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by powerline84 View Post
    "Comes with a clean car fax"
    Just dont look at the right rear lol

https://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/...-12-c-9350.htm
    If this is seriously what kind of DeLorean $20,000 is buying these days then I must be sitting on a gold mine

My VIN:    5312

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    BHCC is there not to give you awesome cars for fair prices. They are in business to make money(like most of us are). They may be a bit shady but they can only do that because they are banking on the total laziness of today's millennial DeLorean consumer. Today's DeLorean buyer does not believe in searching for the right car, they do not believe in putting labor, hours and maybe even a little money to find it, rather they will post a thread here and on Facebook to the tune of "Wanted, DeLorean. Must be this and this and that interior color. Whatcha got?" In other words they can't be bothered with the diligent search, they want sellers to just line up at their front door so all they need to do is take a look and say "nahhh, too much. NEXT!" And they get away with it because they have you sellers jumping through their hoops and eating out of their hand. That's what BHCC is banking on...buyer laziness. Laziness to look harder, tightwad nature to pay for an unbiased inspection, pie in the sky restoration dream without having the first clue to the amount of effort and money it takes.(these points apply to all cars sold online) In short the only reason dealers like BHCC even exist is the saturation of lazy self absorbed people with an entitlement complex and a desire to save a buck.
    Godspeed BHCC, perhaps the only retailer to sell more DeLoreans since the licensed dealers back in 1982
    If this isnt the most true thing ive ever read

I am a millennial I think, born in 1984, but we are not all the same. My DeLorean is not the first classic car I've purchased. In 2015, I drove five hours one way to look at the 1970 Mustang Mach 1 I ultimately bought and then rented a trailer and towed it home myself because I did not want to chance it on 25 year old tires. For me, the hunt is half the fun. With the DeLorean, I did research for the better part of a year, hung out on this forum, asked questions, read DeLorean-related books, and visited DMC MW to look at them in person to decide which features appealed to me. I was ready to buy a plane ticket to go to California to look at Ryan S's minty 81 automatic when my wife said she didn't care if I got a 5 speed since she did not want to drive it anyway. Then it was back to looking for 5 speeds. By that time, I had reached out to DMC MW to see what they had not listed online and learned they had the exact car I was looking for. Ultimately, I decided to pay a small premium and go through DMC and could not be happier with that decision. I looked at listings on BHCC but never seriously considered them because I knew that I would dump more money into a car from there making it nice than just buying a nice one upfront. Reality is many millennials have huge student loans from Gender Studies and Philosophy degrees and do not possess the disposable income to purchase a really nice DeLorean given recent prices. Thus, BHCC fills a void in the market.

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    If this is seriously what kind of DeLorean $20,000 is buying these days then I must be sitting on a gold mine
    No.... It isn't. They are dreaming and won't come close to that price. That car is close to garbage.
    Soundkillr was here.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

You don't have to be a millennial to make bad choices. PT Barnum once said it well, "There's a sucker born EVERY minute"!
    David Teitelbaum

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Soundkillr View Post
    No.... It isn't. They are dreaming and won't come close to that price. That car is close to garbage.
    People always say that but BHCC always moves a DeLorean, let's not forget about this little gem that sold for 13k and that was like 4 years ago.

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?10...oject-DeLorean

They may not get 20, but they will get their number.

My VIN:    4665

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    You don't have to be a millennial to make bad choices. PT Barnum once said it well, "There's a sucker born EVERY minute"!
    Barnum may not have said it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There'...n_every_minute

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

People always say that but BHCC always moves a DeLorean, let's not forget about this little gem that sold for 13k and that was like 4 years ago.

It may get their number but it won't be 20k.
    Soundkillr was here.

My VIN:    10353

I don't necessarily see why all the hate for BHCC. They seem to post pretty well photographed cars including frames while on a lift, not just a camera shot while trying to lie down on the ground and shooting the frame.

So what if their prices seem too high for the small Delorean community owners, I personally welcome higher asking prices for some of the lower quality examples since that only means mine is valued more!

And as a "millennial" I don't agree with all of us being lumped into the same category of buyer. Some of us are excited new owners who work on our cars way more than you old farts!

My VIN:    3028

Ouch.
    Barry

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast