FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Beverley Hills Car Club find....

My VIN:    5436

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

- Martin - VIN 5436 -

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Wow. Such a difference in the one listed for $54,500 and this one listed at $22,900. Same year, very different condition, all based on how it was stored and cared for.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    https://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/...-12-c-8415.htm

Wow. Such a difference in the one listed for $54,500 and this one listed at $22,900. Same year, very different condition, all based on how it was stored and cared for.
    Even more so, the people will be lined up at the gate to buy a 15k-20k DeLorean that needs 20k in parts and labor to be made whole, and at the same time scoff at the pristine 35-40k example as being overpriced and the owner a "dreamer" as one lazy person likes to put it.

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Even more so, the people will be lined up at the gate to buy a 15k-20k DeLorean that needs 20k in parts and labor to be made whole, and at the same time scoff at the pristine 35-40k example as being overpriced and the owner a "dreamer" as one lazy person likes to put it.
    Exactly. I know for a fact that these pristine $35-40 cars are worth at least every penny and more. Like you said, just try to make a lesser one whole and see how much time and money that costs.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    4267

Club(s):  

The rotten auto also has 3 tell-tale holes in the left wing/fender from a BTTF conversion.

I've just bought a BHCC car, and it's finally on the boat over to me. Will be interesting to see how much needs doing. The underpinnings look solid, as do all the panels (bar the right wing), but figuring everything else inbetween needs replacing. Going to settle in to a nice long project...
    Last edited by matt clark; 04-27-2018 at 06:51 AM.

My VIN:    4267

Club(s):  

Also FWIW I don't think BHCC are dishonest at all - especially not by the standards of most car dealers. They give you a shitload of photos to make the decision yourself, and when I was talking to them they were happy to take whatever photos / inspect whatever areas I could think of. Agree that unless it says it's running, assume it doesn't (mine isn't). They definitely don't volunteer stuff, but to be honest I don't know any car dealers who do, but they don't seem dishonest.

I'm not massively thrilled that I've paid what I've paid for it, but I was focusing on other things when the prices started to rise, so that's on me. It boggles the mind a bit that the market is what it is - I'm young enough to remember museum quality right-hand-drive DMC12s going for not much more than the basket case wrecks go for here now.

I've set up an Instagram for the car, which is here: https://www.instagram.com/delorean4267/ - we'll see how much regret is to come.

Dermot - will reply to your email soon - snowed under with work!
    Last edited by matt clark; 04-27-2018 at 07:34 AM.

Nothing witty here lest it offend

Many people have been likewise baffled that prices remained low for such a long time. There is a herd mentality: those stupid prices for Mopar in the mid 00s are over and now there's tulip mania over all things 911. The D has had a modest and slow but solid appreciation.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by matt clark View Post

Dermot - will reply to your email soon - snowed under with work!
    no problem Matt.

That's what pays the bills to allow us to live our dreams.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    2706

"Comes with a clean car fax"
    Just dont look at the right rear lol

https://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/...-12-c-9350.htm
    Last edited by powerline84; 11-25-2018 at 09:56 AM.

My VIN:    10270

On the plus side, it has a newer radiator!
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast