FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Beverley Hills Car Club find....

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

Another Beverley Hills Car Club find....

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

This confirms my suspicion...
    Everyone at the Beverly Hills Car Club is out of their minds.
    That's a sub $10,000 if one ever existed.

Cheers
    Steven
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

Club(s):   (DCF)

Wow, that one is in rough shape. Wonder what the VIN is. That flap hood might be worth something, but that car needs a pretty big (read:expensive) restoration.
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

My VIN:    10350 & 2083 SEARCHING FOR VIN#16664

Club(s):   (DMCNE)

Love the externally mounted fuel pump system setup to!
    ---------------------------------
    SEARCHING FOR VIN #16664
    ---------------------------------

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Another Beverley Hills Car Club find....

Quote Originally Posted by mluder View Post

Cheers
    Steven
    Why?

Yes, their project cars are priced high but they seem to sell every one that they can get, and this is at least 10 so far this year. I would speculate that they sell more DeLoreans in a year than any other single location of DMCx

Most seem to go overseas as far as I can tell.

There is at least one guy currently buying them from BHCC and exclusively marketing them overseas

Whether the new owners realize that most of these cars probably don't even run, is debatable.

Edit - and in this case- biggest fuel pressure gauge ever
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

I dont think it looks that bad. Maybe not $19,000 but its also not sub $10,000. Its got a couple humorous things like those seat covers and the fuel gauge, but most of it is pretty straight forward fixes that dont have to happen immediately. Heck the engine looks pretty clean.

I'm actually intrigued by that inline fuel pump. I've been considering a design like that for several years. I'd MUCH rather have an inline pump that is not in the tank. It would breath better and be cake to troubleshoot if necessary. I'm interested to know what the pickup is like.

Frame could use cleaning but doesn't show anything glaringly bad.

Big question is if it runs. It says "mechanically sound" but thats just some salesman BS. If it runs its definitely a $19,000 car. If it doesn't, it's probably in the mid to low teens.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

All of BHCCs cars that might be classed as "project cars", priced in the teens, have the phrase "just removed from storage - mechanically complete" which I always read as "does not run", based on post purchase reports from the new owners of some of their previous cars
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by mluder View Post
    That's a sub $10,000 if one ever existed.

Cheers
    Steven
    Nope. They're just from California.

Californians are some of the stupidest people on the planet when it comes to real estate and cars. They consistently overpay for both and drive the price UP. Now granted I have found that Texans are the exact same way when it comes to pickup trucks, which is why all the old Japanese cars here get shipped out west where they're unreasonably cherished, and the gas-guzzling pickup trucks that are hated for both fuel economy & environmental stigma get shipped here where they fetch top-dollar.

Oregon, Washington, Nevada, Arizona, and Texas are the 5 states where lots of businesses have moved from California and taken residents with them. And wherever they move to, they drive the price of everything up. Which is why local governments go out of their way to attract the businesses, because whatever money lost to tax incentives get made up by the local Tax Assessor who drives EVERYONE'S land values up and recoups the loss.

$20K for this car in almost any other state is laughable. But in California? It'll sell no problem. Or to put it another way...

Take a look at this: http://delorean.com/sold/

The CHEAPEST DeLorean on that page that was sold was $28,750. But it's an automatic. The cheapest 5-Speed like this car went for $28,950.

So do you think that for about $9,000 you could transform this car into something as comparable as those? You know, I'm willing to bet that you could. Of course if you can haggle and get the price down, that gives you an even wider margin of profitability and/or restoration funds which makes it that much easier.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

The problem is, once the price gets driven up, it's hard to make it come down while there's still any demand. Yes, you're overpaying, but if you choose not to buy, somebody else will buy it. Then you don't have the car you wanted and the prices are still high.

Unless the California DeLorean market crashes or you somehow organize a California-wide strike against buying DeLoreans at unreasonable prices, there's not a whole lot to be done about it.

My VIN:    #15768 EX #4584

Club(s):   (DOC-UK)

Yes, I'm afraid that whilst there may well be a lot of project cars in the US that are sub 19k there are not in most of the rest of the world. Thats why most of these cars end up coming over to Europe. We simply dont get project cars in the UK for example so cars like this are snapped up by project hungry buyers in the UK. Some are much better than described (some worse) but usually clearly described by BHCC and they work with Uk buyers so everyone is happy!
    Chris
    Chris Williams #15768 Back on the road after 14 years. Ex#4584
    Worldwide DeLorean Owners Club: www.deloreans.co.uk Full colour DeLorean magazine shipped worldwide.
    DeLorean Essential Buyers Guide: http://deloreans.co.uk/product/delor...-buyers-guide/

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast