FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: NEW THROTTLE PLATES: For Sale

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

NEW THROTTLE PLATES: For Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Alex

The "O" rings are 1/8" width and 3 1/2" ID viton O-rings. They are available online and most likely in some hardware stores. Not all O-rings are equal. The ones I choose have a temperature rating of -10 thru +400 deg F. and are ethanol compatible.

Gary
    Gary,

You say your o-rings are Viton. This is interesting since the only Viton o-rings I'm familiar with were a brown material. Yours are Black, which would lead me to believe they are just standard Buna N (nitrile) O-rings. Which has a -35 to 250F rating.

Not that it really matters, I'm sure that's all that the rubber gasket was.

Where did you get the O-rings from? All I'm getting at is that I've never knowingly seen or used black Viton O-rings before.
    Last edited by DMC5180; 09-11-2015 at 10:28 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Here ya go:
    O-Rings by Color

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Here ya go:
    O-Rings by Color
    Thanks Ron
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Black Viton - V75
    Brown Viton - BV70, BV90
    DENNIS

My VIN:    03572

My PPR o-rings are black viton.

Easy to test if viton by soaking in E10 fuel. Viton will not expand and Buna will.
    Last edited by Bitsyncmaster; 09-12-2015 at 04:33 AM.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    My PPR o-rings are black viton.
    I too have purchased black viton o-rings many times.

Is that color coding an industry standard or someting? I spec out o-rings from Parker Hannifin a lot at work and haven't seen this intricate color coding before. I've gotten a lot of different materials in black, once got brown, and once got grey. Couldn't tell you what they all were though. The material is usually based on the fluid they're interacting with and sealing. Its usually based on a Parker material spreadsheet, or their o-ring tech support.

I remember that the brown ones I got were specifically for sealing DOT 3 brake fluid (for a Disney vehicle ). They were Perfluoroelastomer (had to re-look that one up) o-rings, and I remember being surprised that they were brown.

EDIT: This is my go-to for o-rings. The Parker O-Ring handbook. They sent me a hard copy a while back. I honestly had no idea there was such a serious science to o-rings but it is major. Thats why they have an entire support department dedicated to just helping to get you the exact o-rings you need.

http://www.parker.com/literature/O-R...g_Handbook.pdf
    Last edited by Nicholas R; 09-12-2015 at 11:11 AM.

My VIN:    4018

Club(s):   (PNDC)

NEW THROTTLE PLATES: For Sale

My original post has the wrong paypal email address. Go figure, I ask you for a correct shipping address and I have a messed up e-mail address.

the right one is [email protected]

Sorry for that!

PM me if you have tried using the one with the "L" missing on the end of my name.

Gary Waldal
    Last edited by Gary; 09-12-2015 at 12:27 PM.

My VIN:    Early

I received my intake spacer today, and I have to say, "wow!" Upon opening the package, I was instantly greeted with the quality plate and instructions. I am very happy with your product!
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

My VIN:    4018

Club(s):   (PNDC)

DPI has under cut me

It looks like I have been under cut by DPI. I'll have to lower the price (please PM me). I have 30 left. Anybody who bought the original 9 can request a refund of the difference.

So please PM me for current pricing and shipping.

Gary
    Last edited by Tamir A.; 09-22-2015 at 02:47 AM. Reason: Changed price directions

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    It looks like I have been under cut by DPI. I'll have to lower the price (please PM me). I have 30 left. Anybody who bought the original 9 can request a refund of the difference.

So please PM me for current pricing and shipping.

Gary
    If you really believe in your product, that doesn't mean you have to drop your price (especially to the point that you're loosing money). The products you're selling are very different. Theirs is a replica of the original, where yours is a modified (potentially) upgraded product.

I doubt that everyone that bought one of yours was in need of a replacement part. They were likely more interested in it given it's obvious differences compared to an original.

You are not making the same part. A small price drop could be justified now that there is another option available, but you certainly shouldn't force yourself to loose money on this project.

My 2 cents, but I'm sure some others would agree.
    Last edited by Nicholas R; 09-20-2015 at 05:09 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast