FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: NEW THROTTLE PLATES: For Sale

My VIN:    10270

Agreed! You have a quality product and good customer service. There is no need to race to the bottom on price.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    If you really believe in your product, that doesn't mean you have to drop your price (especially to the point that you're loosing money). The products you're selling are very different. Theirs is a replica of the original, where yours is a modified (potentially) upgraded product.

I doubt that everyone that bought one of yours was in need of a replacement part. They were likely more interested in it given it's obvious differences compared to an original.

You are not making the same part. A small price drop could be justified now that there is another option available, but you certainly shouldn't force yourself to loose money on this project.

My 2 cents, but I'm sure some others would agree.
    I agree with Nick... This is not an apple to apples comparison.
    You're not selling the same apples as Josh. He is selling a repro of the original design. You're offering a different made part. It stands to reason the manufacturing process and materials are going to cost more therefore the part will cost more. It's up to people to decide which they want to buy with their money.

Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I just looked at the DPI offering as a comparison. Only $49.95, FWIW. The product description also addresses the performance questions.

My VIN:    4018

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Thanks guys! That means a lot to me. I am going to evaluate the situation for a while and see. DPI need not worry about me. I am not planning on going into the parts business. I like to create elegant and useful things. I am a residential architect by trade.

Gary

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

NEW THROTTLE PLATES: For Sale

Gary,

I put 400 mi on your design today. No issues as expected.
    Last edited by DMC5180; 09-21-2015 at 01:17 AM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    10270

Quote Originally Posted by Iznodmad View Post
    I just looked at the DPI offering as a comparison. Only $49.95, FWIW. The product description also addresses the performance questions.
    It was $59.95 a week ago.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

And now it is listed for a completely different price. Hmmmm. Too bad I didn't get a screen shot. Oh well.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Wtf! I looked last night and it said, $49.95

Personally, I much prefer the dual O-ring seal that Gary incorporated. If they ever need replacing it can be done for a few dollars.

Speaking of O-ring, what is the nominal size? Should they need replacing years from now.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Now the DPI one is "call for pricing"

Hot item
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast