Thread: NEW THROTTLE PLATES: For Sale

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

NEW THROTTLE PLATES: For Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Now the DPI one is "call for pricing"

Hot item
    NOT worth going down that Rabbit hole.
    Last edited by DMC5180; 09-22-2015 at 01:56 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Come on guys... Lighten up and have some fun.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    4018

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Fun?! Do you think screwing around with my project that I worked very hard fun? You copy it and attempt to run to market with it first. Then you jack around with the pricing, forcing me to react.

The other forum members have been very supportive, they represent the best of this community. You on the other hand well, I was shocked that a vendor would run his business like this.

I never mentioned that the machinist that I have worked with on this project was an attorney who dealt in matters like this. Who by the way, is now ticked off.

Careful who you have "Fun with"

Gary

I thought I was done having fun. Apparently not. Stop teasing me and prove my development testing wrong. How do you even know we haven't been using these for years on our cars due to nos failures but not advertising? I'm hearing a whole lot of unsubstantiated crying, unwarranted price dropping on your part and a general woe is me tone. I think a few people set you straight right off the bat. Completely different design, material and interpretation of the oem concept. While manipulating pricing seems unfair due to our manufacturing power house it doesn't break any rules. It is completely legal even in a business to business market place. Especially one where I can make my own rules.

FYI I didn't start playing with the price for fun until you went off the deep end and dropped yours. My cost is 3.37 per unit and I made 100 originally and have worked through the batch since. Everyone that placed an order up to this point received it for 8.47 shipped. I have 14 left for shop use now thanks to my inventory being set to switch over to call for pricing when the threshold is met. Just saying you literally drove the sale of these at whole sale price with discount at check out after posting here and else where that we "under cut" you. Depending on how you look at it you did this to yourself. I made no effort to market our option here.

Free advice: attorney turned machinist usually not a good sign.

I'm sorry Josh.

Gary

I apologize to the Delorean community.

I have messed this up on so many levels.

First thing, Josh is right. I am the one that flew off the deep end. He choose to market his product else where, not here on the forum, where he has more right to post here than I do. His product is different than mine. Others have tried to tell me this. Then I used the encouragement of the other forum members to try and use against DPI. Then, if that was not enough, I made a desperate and hollow threat against DPI. I never thought I was capable of such selfishness. I am shocked at myself and I apologize to everyone who encouraged and supported me in the past.

I am sorry Josh, to your company DPI and (if you can believe this) I thank you for throwing a big cold bucket of water on me to wake me up.

Gary

Gary,
    You have not messed this up on so many levels. Your response was on par with someone that has time and materials invested in something. While my response at length was full of valid points I presented it rather aggressively when I really didn't need to. I should have consulted you privately earlier on instead of letting it play out as it did. It is wrong of me to take that approach with things and whole sale products just to do it. Kinda defeats the purpose of having a business. But I digress...

With that said I would recommend the following: Maintain your original or close there to price point as before and continue to market regardless of what others offer. There will always be others with something like it or copying. Crappy part about the world we live in. Just put yourself above it when ever possible.

In regards to your current inventory. Contact me privately on this and we can discuss assisting in selling to our customer base and other marketing avenues. I provided details on testing and application use and this is valid on cars with certain modifications that we specialize in. Once the batch is sold through and you recoup your costs we can discuss continuing to assist with selling a future batch through your supplier or provide a cost analysis comparison against our cnc services to streamline if possible. (we are bringing multiple Hass tool rooms in house currently)

Btw.... No hard feelings on the attack. No apology necessary.

Regards Josh

@ Dennis: Not feeling this rabbit hole?

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Well Josh, I'm certainly pleased you crawled out of that hole and cleared the air with Gary. It's almost a love fest of mutual respect now.

Unfortunately, when you started screwing with your pricing. It came across somewhat mean spirited rather than you having fun. Now, had you posted jokingly "One Milllliiion Dollars!" We would have obviously known you were just having fun.

I guess it just comes down to perception.

Anyway, I'm glad you cleared things up.

Movin on
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4